About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

16 July 2015

Smile for Van Gogh:-)


Czechs are very inventive in producing of seed beads  that differ in shapes, colours and sizes and inspire the beaders with creative challenges... And I am very glad that it is not so easy to buy them (probably because of prices, all those intricate seed beads are not very popular and available here otherwise I would spend much more money on them  than I do now) although the deal isn't hopeless. In the beginning of my vacation I hung about stores and came across dagger beads. They wounded my imagination very deeply - the view of a sunflower arouse in my mind and having made a circle of the beads, I understood at once what I wanted from them :-)


Посмішка для Ван Гога :-)
Вигадливі ж ці чехи зі своїми намистинами, яких тільки форм, розмірів і кольорів немає... у нас, правда і немає, мабуть через ціни, але все ж таки дещо надибати можна. На початку відпустки вешталася я якось по крамницях в пошуках невідомо чого і побачила такі собі намистини - "dagger", тобто "кинджал". Вразили вони мою уяву дуже глибоко - образ соняшника повстав перед очима і, склавши коло з цих милих "кинджальчиків", я одразу зрозуміла, що я від них хочу :-)



My initial materials were dagger beads, leaf beads, seed beads (I guess #8), round beads and earring hooks. "Initial" because I had the main plan to make a flower and after that I could decide what to do next.

Спочатку я приготувала "кинджальчики", намистини листочки, бісер (мабуть №8), круглі намистини і гачки для сережок. "Спочатку", бо головне  було - зробити квітку, а все інше я могла придумати і пізніше.

                                                 Daggers and seed beads were connected in a flower by this tutorial .  

                                                 Кинджальчики і бісер булі з'єднані у квітку за цим МК . 

When I tried on a black bead for the flower centre, it seemed to be pretty gloomy and sunflower is a very cheerful flower so I used a green bead.

Коли я приміряла чорну намистину для середини, квітка здалася мені якоюсь похмурою, а соняшник має бути життєрадісним, тому я використала зелену намистину.

To strengthen the flower, as І didn't follow the instruction in the video for back reinforcing, I decided to sew it to the square connector ( І forgot to make a picture but on the rest of them the base is seen. This gave the necessary stiffness. And now it is an element which already can be a ring, a pendant or an earring.

Щоб зміцнити квітку, оскільки я не дотримувалась інструкцій у відео щодо зворотнього боку, я вирішила її просто нашити на конектор квадратної форми ( я забула зробити фото, але на решті з них цю основу видно). Тепер квітка перетворилась на елемент, який можна використати для кільця,  кулона, або сережки.

                                               
All the elements I joined with a piece of chain and jump rings.
And this is my interpretation of the sunflower: funny and effective.

Всі елементи я з'єднала ланцюжком і кільцями. 
Ось така інтерпретація соняшника у мене вийшла: весела і ефектна.

2 comments:

  1. Гарні соняшники! І зовсім намистинки не схожі на кинджали.., а- на пелюстки...Чи то може все залежить від майстрині?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Дякую, мені теж подобаються, ефектні вийшли, хоча трішки важкуваті :-) Це не я придумала "dagger" - так називається цей вид намистин.

      Delete