About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

19 April 2016

Turquoise Dress, or When You Can See a Sea Wave Sea :-)


I was interested pretty long why the colour is called "sea wave" if the sea is mostly either grey and green, or  blue and grey, or dark blue... And I hadn't seen the sea of such a colour until was about 18-20. At that time on some reason I lived at the seaside city and promenading along the coast on cold overcast days was much more fun for me than on sunny ones. 
But once, either in the end of winter or in the beginning of spring, during one of such my walks the sun rays broke through the clouds' siege and all the space over the endless sea surface became flooded with the shine of our life star... And right then I, at last, saw this true "sea wave" colour: the transparent turquoise water as if lighted from inside. Probably from that time I like this colour and, fortunately, it suits me quite well :-)

And now I wear the dress with my last set of jewelry made for it purposely.





Бірюзова сукня, або чи буває море кольору морської хвилі :-)

Мені завжди  було цікаво, чому колір називається "морська хвиля", якщо море або сіро-зелене, або сіро-блакитне, або синє... І ось не бачила я море такого кольору аж допоки мені виповнилося десь 18-20 років. Тоді за певних обставин я мешкала в місті біля моря і гуляти уздовж берега холодними похмурими днями мені подобалося навіть більше ніж сонячними. 

Але одного разу наприкінці зими чи на початку весни під час однієї з таких моїх прогулянок промені сонця прорвали хмарну облогу і простір над морським безкраєм залило сяяння нашої зірки життя... І ось тоді нарешті я і побачила цей справжній колір морської хвилі: прозора бірюзова вода наче світилася зсередини. Мабуть з того часу мені і подобається цей колір і, на щастя, він мені личить :-)

А зараз я доповнюю сукню останнім набором прикрас, який я зробила спеціально для неї.




For sewing the dress #114 from Burda 11/2015 (lucky issue for me, by the way, I've already made three models from it and am planning a couple more) I used dense knits of dark sea wave hue.
What I liked about the pattern: silhouette, soft fitting, the length both of the bodice and sleeves, dropped  shoulder line and a zipper in the shoulder seam.
What I didn't like: such kind of a collar to fit well requires mini-darts down from the neck hole. And it also would be better to place the side dart a couple of centimetres closer to the centre then the dress would have better fitting in front.
But as I made none of such changes in the pattern, these are only my leisure peroration :-)



Для пошиття сукні 114 з Burda 11/2015 (до речі, вдалий випуск для мене - я вже пошила з нього три моделі і планую ще не одну) я використала щільний джерсі темного відтінку морської хвилі.
Що мені подобається в цій моделі: силует, м'яке облягання, довжина і основної частини і рукавів, занижена лінія плеча і "блискавка" в плечовому шві.
Що мені не подобається: така форма коміру для гарного прилягання потребує міні-виточок вниз від лінії горловини. Також було б краще змістити бокову виточку на пару сантиметрів ближче до центру, тоді сукня мала б краще прилягання по переду.
Але оскільки я не зробила жодних з цих змін, то це просто мої пусті просторікування :-)





It is quick and simple sewing. It would have taken me just several hours to make the dress, if on unknown reason I hadn't felt an urge to line it up. It is not necessary to do at all.
I only have few tips. First, I made a short cuts on the curve of the shoulder seam. It help to avoid further undesirable draping in front around then neck.

Це проста і швидка робота. Якби мене не вкусив якійсь грець і мені не закортіло посадити сукню на підкладку, то на пошиття пішло б декілька годин. Але робити це зовсім не обов'язково.
Маю всього пару прийомчиків. По-перше, зробила надсічки на вигині плечового припуску на шов. Це допомагає уникнути небажаного драпірування передньої частини в районі шиї.



For me the sewing the facing to the zipper seam allowance is always  a little confusing. So maybe these pictures can help somebody else.

Sew the facing to the neck hole, stop stitching for about 4 cm from the end. Cut the short seam allowances of the facing.



Мене завжди трохи бентежить пришивання обшивки до припуску на шов "блискавки". Може ці фото комусь ще допоможуть.
Притачуємо обшивку до вирізу горловини, строчку не закінчуємо десь см на 4 до кінця. Припуски по коротким сторонам обшивки зрізуємо.



Stitch the ends of the facing to the shoulder seam allowance. Then turn it to the wrong side, fold by the shoulder line seam and stitch the facing to the end.


Притачуємо кінці обшивки до припуску на шов плечового шва. Потім перегинаємо його на виворітну сторону по лінії плечового шва і пристрочуємо обшивку до кінця.



Turn the detail out out. As it well-seen here I didn't sew the facing completely because I was going to sew the lining to its outer edge. If you are not going to do that, before sewing the facing this edge must be processed in any way you like.


Вивертаємо деталь. Як добре видно на фото, я не пристрочила обшивку повністю. Це тому, що до цього краю обшивку пізніше пришила підкладку. Якщо ти цього робити не збираєшся, цей край обшивки має бути оброблений будь яким способом, який тобі подобається до початку роботи.





I like the jersey outfits with prolonged sleeves because of nice draping at the bottom. To form it the sleeve shouldn't be too wide at the hem. So I narrowed it for 1 cm from both sides. But in ready dress the effect of such draping is not noticeable so if I could predict that, I would have lengthened the sleeve for a couple more centimetres.


Мені подобаються трикотажні речі з подовженими рукавами через гарне драпування, що утворюється по низу. Але для цього рукав не має бути зашироким, тому в цій сукні я його звузила на 1 см з кожного боку. На жаль в готовій сукні цей ефект не дуже помітний, тому якби я могла це передбачити, то подовжила б рукав на декілька см.




Such a dress is universal and pairs well with many things. For example, when it is cold, I am going to wear mine with this lace jacket. I crocheted it years ago but still like to wear a lot. The pattern for a jacket was taken here.




Така сукня є універсальною і гарно комбінується з багатьма речами. Наприклад, в холодну пору свою я збираюся комбінувати з цим ажурним жакетом. Я сплела його роки тому, але все ще із задоволенням вдягаю. Модель жакета тут.


6 comments:

  1. Przepiękna sukienka Oksana. Wyglądasz znakomicie. Serdecznie pozdrawiam:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! It is so pleasant to hear such a nice compliment!

      Delete
  2. Яка краса! Сукня та прикраси було стровенi одне для одного :) Тепер море буде з тобою!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Море і павичі:-))) Дякую, принаймні, все разом вже точно створює святковий настрій!

      Delete
  3. You are gorgeous,
    Gorgeous dress,
    Gorgeous necklace,
    Description spectacular,
    What else do I congratulate my dear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for such a wonderful commnent! I am just happy with the impression!!!

      Delete