About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

28 November 2017

Festive Earrings, or Magic Effect




The previous working week was quite intensive and I did feel tired by its end. So after my usual Saturday chores were done, I thought I deserved a piece of a holiday that is easy to arrange in this time of year. As soon as I visit any department with Christmas ornaments, I always feel some childish joy while looking at all their shine, glitter, luster and colourful brightness. Let it be just an illusion but it always affects my mood magically. So in the evening after that shopping I spent some time to make these nice sparkling earrings. I thought if I ever wouldn't wear them, I would be able to use the pair to decorate my Christmas tree :-)



Святкові сережки, або Магічний ефект


Мій попередній робочий тиждень був доволі напружений тож, закінчивши звичайні суботні домашні справи, я подумала що заслуговую на невеличке свято, яке легко влаштувати о цій порі року. Адже щойно я зазираю до якогось відділу з різдвяними прикрасами, завжди відчуваю якесь дитяче захоплення розглядаючи весь їхній блиск, мерехтіння, полиск та барвисту строкатість. І нехай це лише ілюзія, але вона завжди справляє на мене магічний ефект. Тож ввечері після того шопінгу я витратила трохи часу на виготовлення цих гарненьких сяючих сережок. Я подумала, якщо я їх і не вдягатиму, то завжди зможу прикрасити цією парою ялинку :-)





To make the earrings I used this tutorial from +B4Pbakup. Despite my adherence to the holiday I don't remember I've ever made anything specially for it just because of the right mood as I prefer being more practical with my beading. This time I didn't think what this pair meant to be with. Besides, I had all the materials at hand and I like so much the moments when I don't need to buy any extra beads.
But the materials are slightly different. I used twins and 14 mm red pearl. I thought if it were too heavy, I would make a pendant instead but it isn't, it's OK. And thus had to add more white (silver-lined here) 15/0 seed beads. I also decided to make all the components separately and then assembly them with pins.



Щоб зробити сережки, скористалася цим майстер класом від +B4Pbakup. Незважаючи на мою прихильність до свята я не пам'ятаю, щоб колись щось робила лише заради особливого настрою оскільки намагаюся бути більш практичною з моїм нанизуванням. Цього разу я і не думала, до чого сережки призначені. До того ж у мене під рукою були всі необхідні матеріали, а я ж так люблю коли додатково не треба нічого купувати.
Але матеріали трохи відрізняються. Використала твіни і червону скляну перлину 14 мм. Подумала, якщо буде надто важка, зроблю кулон, але все гаразд - не важка. Через це довелося нанизати додаткові білі (тут: зі срібною серединою) бісерини 15/0. Я також вирішила всі компоненти зробити окремо, а потім з'єднати їх на піни.

No comments:

Post a Comment