About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

24 January 2015

Introduction


  I planned to start such posting pretty long and now both am glad and confused... not much just a little bit :-)  I really hope it will be fun for everybody both to create and visit this page. Good luck for us!
  I've been engaged in needlework in some ways since early childhood. Omitting my experiments with clothes for the dolls and teddy bears, it's worth saying that my first item of clothes was sewed when I was about 12: it was a nice skirt remade from mum's dress. The skirt gathered around the waist didn't suit me at all because of my figure  ( by the way, I'm still sure that such patterns just insult women with curves :-)) but who cared! Many years passed since then and I learned to make many things: I sew, knit, crochet and cross-stitch. But on some reason my new hobby, beading, became the last push to make a personal page here to share my skills and ideas with the world :)

                                                                                                         Oksana Starzhynska

P.S. Now after almost two years of my blogging I can say that this activity for me (beside the devotion to creativity) is a matter of discipline that forces avoiding of  the giving up and sugaring... So without being Witty, Pretty and Handy more or less regularly, hardly ever I would have made so many beautiful things during this time:-) 


Введення

   Довгенько я збиралась ділитись зі світом своїми уміннями і ідеями, але яке це має значення, якщо відчуваєш, що можеш бути корисною?
  Якщо оминути історії з пошиттям одягу для ляльок в рожевому дитинстві, то першим власним виробом в моєму гардеробі була гарна блакитна спідниця, перешита з маминої крімпленової сукні. Призбирана навколо талії, вона мені геть не пасувала ( я і зараз вважаю такі спідниці образою для жіночих фігур з гарними вигинами :-)), але ж кого тоді це хвилювало! Минуло багато років з того часу, і я навчилася робити багато речей: шити, в'язати ( чи то плести? ) гачком і на спицях, вишивати, але моє нове захоплення, нанизування, чомусь спонукало до започаткування власної    сторінки  в Інтернеті. Сподіваюсь, це буде цікаво і мені і відвідувачам, то запрошую гостювати час  від часу :-)                                                                
                                                                                                                                                                           Оксана Старжинська

P.S. Зараз, після майже дворічного існування блогу, стало очевидно, що для мене така діяльність (крім творчої складової) - це і питання дисципліни, яке не дозволяє лінуватися чи філонити... Тож без того, щоб більш чи менш регулярно залишатися Розумною, Гарною і Вправною, я б, скоріше за все, не створила так багато гарних речей протягом цього часу:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment