About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

3 November 2017

Peyote Brooch, or Autumn Walk


I've looked through my autumn posts not to repeat occasionally some bright thoughts about the season which I already shared  before (it can happen, of course, if our mood and atittiude to different things don't change). There are few posts inspired by the season colours and I found two of them depicting how I feel in autumn. One post devoted to this pair of earrings and another to this floral coat
I already thought that I have nothing new to say but then imagined an ideal autumn walk in the park or along quiet empty streets planted with old trees whose branches create colurful arches. And then I remembered how much I liked to gather those nice leaves. And it is exactly what I tried to do here, in my new project. I mean to gather autumn colours in a bunch as it is so easy to be an artist in this time of year!  



Брошка в техніці пейот, або Осіння прогулянка.

Переглядала свої осінні дописи, щоб випадково не повторити якісь з моїх яскравих думок про цю пору року, якими я вже  ділилася раніше (це, звісно, може трапитися, якщо наш настрій і ставлення до різних речей не змінюється). Є декілька дописів натхненних кольорами осені і я знайшла два з них, які я восени почуваюся. Один з них присвячений цим сережкам, а інший - цьому квітчастому пальту.
І вже подумала, що нічого нового мені не сказати, але потім уявила собі ідеальну осінню прогулянку в парку або здовж тихих пустельних вулиць обсаджених старими деревами чиї гілки утворили мальовничі арки. І потім я згадала як мені подобалося збирати те гарне листя. І це якраз те, що я спробувала зробити  в цьому новому проекті. Маю на увазі - зібрати осінні кольори в жмуток, адже восени так легко бути художником!


The idea and the pattern of the leaves were taken here. But I changed the way of assembling the brooch and after making 2 -3 leaves it was easy to understand how to change the pattern, too, to make new kinds of leaves. 
For my project I used cut beads and seed beads of don't-know-how-many colours.




Ідея і схема листя були знайдені тут. Але я змінила спосіб з'єднання елементів і після того, як зробила 2-3 листа, стало зрозуміло як можна змінити і схему самого листа.
Для свого проекту використала бісер і рубку не знаю скількох кольорів.




To decorate the brooch I used only one big rondelle and few pieces of wire. It seemed to be more elegant than to add many small beads because the leaves are very motley themselves.




Для декорування брошки використала лише один великий рондель і декілька відрізків дроту. Так мені здалося елегантніше ніж додавати багато мілких намистин, тому що листя і так дуже строкате.

No comments:

Post a Comment