About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

28 July 2016

Red Skirt, or Tomato Season:-)

How to look hot if you mostly look sweaty at this time of year?...:-) Very simple: just make and wear something red and a lot of fails in your appearance will be indulged. Even when looking at your reflection in this outfit in the mirror you remind  yourself a tomato or a chili pepper or both of them together:-)
I had some doubts as for the fabric brightness but then decided to stop hesitating and make what I wanted. The result is nice anyway and the question if I wear the skirt somewhen else except for these pictures, now is not important at all.



Червона спідниця, або сезон помідорів:-)


Як можна привабливо виглядати, якщо переважно о цій порі року виглядаєш спітнілою?...:-) Дуже просто: лише поший і вдягни щось червоне і тоді всі недоліки зовнішності викликатимуть поблажливе ставлення. Навіть якщо розглядаючи себе у дзеркало в такому вбранні, нагадуєш собі помідор або перець чилі або їх обох разом:-)
Були у мене деякі сумніви щодо яскравості тканини, але потім вирішила припинити вагатися і зробити те, що мені хотілося. В будь якому випадку результат гарний, а чи вдягну я ще колись цю спідницю крім як для  цих фото, зараз зовсім не має значення.





Well, the skirt #115 from Burda 2/2016 is my forth item from this issue, the previous one was the Polka Dots Blouse that combines ideally with the skirt. For the sewing I chose sateen stretch for the model but as it is very dense and pretty thick for  summer clothes, had to omit the belt. I liked the detail very much and even cut it but then thought  I hardly would ever wear it so the belt went to leftovers.




Отже, спідниця 115 з Burda 2/2016 - мій четвертий виріб з цього числа журналу, а попереднім була блузка в горошок, яка ідеально комбінується зі спідницею. Для пошиття я обрала сатин з еластаном, але оскільки моя тканина дуже щільна і доволі товста для літньої спідниці, то довелося відмовитися від пошиття паску. Ця деталь мені дуже подобається і я її навіть покроїла, але потім подумала, що навряд чи колись вдягатиму, то пояс пішов у залишки.




During the sewing the first moment I would pay attention to is the processing of the pocket, of course. I won't rewrite the instruction here and hope the pictures will be helpful if anybody is as confused with this detail as I was. Photo 2 represents the placement of the pocket before stitching and the final result - the ready detail (it will be step 7) looks the same.




Перше, на що я б звернула увагу під час пошиття, це, звісно, обробка кишені. Я не переписуватиму тут інструкцію,  сподіваюсь, що фото допоможуть, якщо хтось почуватиметься таким же збентеженим, як і я цією деталлю. Фото 2 представляє розташування кишені перед настрочуванням, кінцевий результат - готова деталь, виглядає так само (це був би крок 7).




Top stitching of the pocket edge is made in two steps: at first top stitch it from the side to the end of the flap not catching the side pocket bag.




Відстрочування краю кишень відбувається в два етапи. Спочатку - відстрочуємо край від бокового шва до кінця клапану кишені без бокової частини.




The second step - go on top stitching from the flap to the waist and catch the side pocket bag.


Другий етап. Відстрочуємо від кінця клапану до талії разом із боковою частиною.





As I omitted the belt and decided to button the skirt, I had to reinforce the top of the front facing with interfacing. Then sewed the facing to the waist edge.



Оскільки я відмовилася від паска і вирішила застібати спідницю на ґудзики, довелося зміцнити верх обшивки передньої частини. Потім пришила обшивку до зрізу талії.




All the inner edges of the front and waist facings and hem were top stitched. 

I also sewed the loops into the sides to hang the skirt.



Всі внутрішні зрізи обшивок і підгинка низу відстрочені.
Також по боках я вшила петлі, щоб вішати спідницю.



The final touch - making button holes ( two for the upper front and one for the inner front) and sewing the buttons. 


Останній штрих - прорізати петлі (дві для зовнішньої частини переду і одну для внутрішньої) і пришити ґудзики.

No comments:

Post a Comment