About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

20 March 2022

Cropped Sweater

 




The sweater was made during winter holidays. Yesterday I managed to persuade my mom to take photos of it. It seems to be a good idea to make a couple of posts devoted to my needlecrafts as, despite every day shootings, we urgently need to feel that life is going on. 

On the photos the sweater is combined with Plaid November skirt and a new nameless one. Danube Delta earrings match anything.





Вкорочений светр 


Светр сплела на зимових канікулах, але лише вчора вдалося вмовити маму сфотографувати мене в ньому. Зробити пару дописів присвячених моїм рукотворам здається гарною ідеєю, оскільки нам конче потрібно відчувати, що, незважаючи на щоденні обстріли, життя триває. 

На фото светр скомбінований із спідницею в клітинку "Листопад" та новою спідницею без назви. Сережки "Дельта Дунаю" пасують до всього.








There is no much to tell about the work on the sweater as, firstly, it is made only thanking to my obsession with the yarn's colour and, secondly, its pattern was chosen not because I love it but because it was the one I could afford to knit of four skeins of this yarn. Thus among the patterns of cropped loose sweaters I had at hand, model #17 from Sabrina 12/2017 became the favourite:-) 




Про роботу над светром немає що особливо розповідати оскільки, по-перше, він зроблений лише завдяки моєму захопленню кольором цієї пряжі і, по-друге, його модель було обрано не тому, що вона мені аж так подобалася, а через те, що була єдиною, яку я могла дозволити собі сплести з чотирьох мотків цієї пряжі. Ось так серед моделей вкорочених светрів вільного крою які були у мене під рукою, ця #17 з "Сабріна" 12/2017, стала моєю улюбленою:-)

2 comments:

  1. Dear Oksana, I have been thinking a lot about you and hope that you manage to keep you safe ♥ It's horrible to see what you and your people are going through theese days and I hope it will be an end of this war very soon! I love every thing you make, and the skirt is a winner for all year around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellen, I know you are my great friend.All of us hope for the best. Keep the faith.

      Delete