About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

19 August 2018

Danube Delta Earrings

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



Yesterday I was lucky to have a trip to the Danube Delta. The destination is quite far from Mykolaiv so to get there, have a few hours voyage around the delta and come back home during one day is not easy  but possible with some  touristic service.
Me and my friend left at about 3 a.m. and obviously it was not clear if it was worth going to bed before that. I planned to sleep at the TV for an hour or two until the taxi arrived. But then it occurred to me that the dress, meant to be worn during the excursion, had been put on last time probably before I got into beading and there was no bijouteria to match it so instead of the sleeping I decided to make a pair of the earrings to match the outfit:-)


Сережки "Гирло Дунаю"


Вчора мені пощастило здійснити подорож до гирла Дунаю. Пункт призначення розташований доволі далеко від Миколаєва тож дістатися туди, покататися на човні по дельті та повернутися додому за один день важко, але можливо за допомогою туристичної агенції. 
Ми з подругою виїжджали десь о третій ранку і, вочевидь, було не дуже зрозуміло чи варто перед цим лягати спати. Я собі напланувала подрімати перед телевізором годинку чи дві поки не приїде таксі. Але потім мені спало на думку, що сукню, яку я збиралася одягнути на екскурсію, востаннє витягала з шафи мабуть ще до того як захопилася нанизуванням і у мене не було якоїсь гожої біжутерії до неї, тож, замість спання, я вирішила зробити пару сережок, щоб пасували до вбрання :-)




The best design to create after middle of the night is the one you can start and finish before the eyes are closed :-)
I remembered about two big lampwork beads I had in stash. Their blue colour and curvy decor corresponded the idea of the trip and matched the colour style of the dress greatly. Then I just had to figure out what else I had in boxes with beads and findings, to make elements and assemble them. I guess to make this pair took me no more than twenty minutes.





Найкращий дизайн, що твориться серед ночі, це той який можна розпочати і закінчити до того моменту як заплющаться очі :-)
Я згадала про дві великі намистини lampwork десь в запасі. Їхній блакитний колір та візерунок ліній добре відповідали ідеї подорожі і чудово пасували до кольорової гами сукні. Потім треба було просто з'ясувати, що ще є в коробках з намистинами та фурнітурою, виготовити елементи і потім їх поєднати. Думаю на виготовлення цієї пари у мене пішло десь хвилин двадцять.


As for the trip, it was awesome. The day was full of beauty, optimism, calmness, relaxation and unity with the nature.
The full album is here.




Щодо самої подорожі, то вона була надзвичайною. День був сповнений краси, оптимізму, спокою, відпочинку і єднання з природою.
Весь альбом можна подивитися тут.

No comments:

Post a Comment