About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

8 August 2020

Sporty Linen Shirt Dress

This project is very worthy for improving sewing skills and self-esteem overall but I can't help telling about me whining as this latter was an integral part of the work indeed and hardly I could finish the sewing without it. I even couldn't begin without it :-) It was clear from the spring that this summer wouldn't give us much chance to spend the time in the most desirable way. So my plan for the holidays was to have at least one-day trips as often as possible and to devote as much time as possible to my blog. Generally it went in this way for some time and I could sew few simple things. Then the time of this outfit came. I cut it with pleasure but instead of instant start of sewing, a couple of days after that were wasted to making a right plan how to sew the dress quickly. Then the weather became so hot that the process was postponed for about a week. When the outdoors temperature decrease, I came back to work but my main activity was cheering myself up with the words like "I will sew it the rest of my life", or "why I started it", or "it has so many details, it takes the eternity to make" and so on. None of productive actions. After one more week of whining the thought about getting stuck into this project by the end of the holidays prevailed and at last the process moved. 


Спортивна сукня-сорочка з льону




Цей проект дуже вартісний для покращення навичок пошиття і для підвищення самооцінки загалом, проте я не можу оминути розповіді про моє скиглення, оскільки воно насправді тут було невід'ємною частиною процесу і навряд чи без нього я б закінчила пошиття. Я навіть почати без нього не змогла:-) З самої весни було зрозуміло, що це літо не вдасться провести в найбажаніший спосіб, тож мій план на відпустку був по можливості їздити хоча б в одноденні подорожі і присвятити якнайбільше часу блогові. Загалом так воно і йшло і мені вдалося пошити декілька простих речей. Потім настав час цього вбрання. Я із задоволенням його покроїла, але замість того, щоб одразу розпочати пошиття пару днів згаяла на складання плану, як пошити цю сукню швидко. Потім стало так спекотно, що процес було відкладено на тиждень. Коли температура на вулиці трохи впала, я повернулася до роботи, але головним чином займалася тим, що підбадьорювала себе словами на кшталт "я це буду шити решту свого життя" або "навіщо я це починала?" або "тут стільки деталей, на те, щоб все це зробити піде вічність" і все таке. Жодної продуктивної дії. Після ще одного тижня скиглення, думка, що я застрягну в цьому пошитті до кінця відпустки, стала головною і процес, нарешті, зрушив з місця.




I like shirt dresses, both making and wearing. Making because of sewing ego. I enjoy processing all their numberless small details that, in fact, create the style and double topstitching that create sport chic and matching the buttons. I really feel skillful after the work is finished. Last time I made such a dress many years ago. It was pattern #126 from Burda 5/2009. I still have it, by the way, but wear it at home only.





Мені подобаються сукні-сорочки, і шити і носити. Шити через кравецьке его. Подобається обробляти всі ті численні дрібні деталі, які і утворюють стиль і робити подвійну оздоблювальну строчку, яка надає спортивного шарму, і підбирати ґудзики. Почуваюся справді майстринею, коли таку роботу закінчено. Останнього разу шила таку сукню багато років тому. Це була модель 126 з Burda 5/2009. Вона в мене, до речі, і досі є, тільки одягаю її лише вдома.








My new outfit is made by the BurdaStyle PDF pattern 6440. As soon as I saw it, I knew it would be sewed and I cut the model probably the next day after buying the fabric I had imagined. Gentle blue linen and viscose blend.  

Freezing Wind earrings and Sparkling Waves bracelet matched the dress well.





Моє нове вбрання пошито за PDF викрійкою 6440 від BurdaStyle. Щойно її побачила, знала, що буде пошита і покроїла її мабуть наступного дня після того як купила тканину, яку собі уявляла. Суміш льону з віскозою ніжно-блакитного кольору. 

Сережки "Морозний вітерець" і браслет "Сяючи хвилі" добре пасують до сукні.




As there are many details, the process is quite long. Not to be afraid of them I hid them all and only took those necessary for the certain step :-) The lines of sewing the pockets I copied with old-fashioned copying stitches. One more must-make: an aslant stitch in the corners of the pockets to have them neat after being turned out.  



Оскільки деталей   багато процес пошиття доволі довгий. Щоб не лякатися їхньої кількості, я їх заховала і витягала лише необхідні у певний момент роботи:-) Лінії пришивання кишень перевела старомодними копіювальними стібками. Ще одна необхідність: стібок навскоси у кутках кишень, щоб були охайними після вивертання.





At first processing of the big pockets. 





Спочатку обробка великих кишень.


Then the processing of the small pockets. They are not square so you must be attentive to the arrangement. 




Далі обробка малих кишень. Вони не прямокутні, тож треба бути уважним з розташуванням.



Next are the pockets' flaps. I sewеd them for 1 cm above the pockets. 



Далі клапани кишень. Пришила їх на 1 см над кишенями.




Processing of the set-in-belt. 





Обробка вшивного паску.





Processing the collar. 



Вшивання коміру.

Processing the rest of the small details. I tried double topstitching here too but it was not good so refused it. To have neat corners I always put a piece of tracing paper underneath while topstitching.




Обробка решти мілких деталей. Тут я теж пробувала подвійну оздоблювальну строчку, але вийшло негарно, тож передумала. Щоб кутки виходили охайними під час відстрочування завжди підкладаю шматочки кальки під деталь.





Before the final topstitching, all the pair edges must be checked to be of the same length. 




Перед кінцевим відстрочуванням всі парні краї треба перевірити на відповідність довжини (щоб були однаковими).




The last step sewing the inside edges. The facing is sewed to the hem with the short bar. Despite all that, at first, the inside edge of the facing turned out while I was going. 



Останній крок - пришивання внутрішніх країв. Підборт пришитий до підгинки короткою перетинкою. Незважаючи на все це спочатку, коли я рухалася, внутрішній край підборту вивертався.

2 comments:

  1. Pity the Burda 05/2009 #126 is not available for sale anymore. I much prefer the cut of it for fitting a larger bust. I can see why you've kept it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree as for the fitting. #126 has vertical front reliefs so it is flattering for any figure.

      Delete