About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

1 October 2022

Secret Beach Dolman Sleeve Dress

 

I quite often think about a sea. Sometimes I seem to think about it all the time just not being aware of that :-) Furthermore, I even can confess that my summer sewing is almost always accompanied with the images of me walking along the sea coast or enjoying its sceneries although I never spend as much time there as I dream about it :-) So it's absolutely predictable that as soon as I saw this fabric, I was doomed to plunge into the "sea" associations, and, undoubtedly, the day devoted to a voyage to Secret Beaches in Albania was one of the best samples of such kind of rest. As it often happens, the start of the day promised not much so none of our company expected anything special. But it turned to be not just special, it was entirely unique thanking to all the activities of the day that created a real impressive mosaic consisted of a boat trip, bathing, climbing up the hills to observe 1000 years church frescos, tasting delicious  grilled food. All those were followed by limitless feeling of the freedom while jumping from the boat to dive into the clearest water and swim to the incredible white cliffs which stay surprisingly cool under the burning sun.  Until the very coming back to civilization, the question "how could I find myself here?" crossed my mind constantly making me wish to remain in that state in that moment forever. It is real happiness so how could I avoid sewing such a lose relaxed dress corresponding that mood, and unforgettable rest impressions? 


The set of the necklaces were made specially to complete the outfit.



 
Сукня з суцільнокроєними рукавами "Таємний пляж"



Я доволі часто думаю про море. Іноді мені здається, що я думаю про нього весь час, тільки не усвідомлюю цього :-) Більше того, можу зізнатися, що моє літнє шиття майже завжди супроводжується моїм уявленням про те, як я гуляю уздовж морського берега або милуюся його краєвидами, хоча я ніколи не проводжу на морі стільки часу, скільки я про це мрію :-) Тож абсолютно передбачувано, ледь побачивши цю тканину, я була приречена зануритися в "морські" асоціації, а день, присвячений морській прогулянці до таємних пляжів в Албанії, став одним з найкращих зразків для спогадів про подібний відпочинок. Як часто трапляється, cпочатку день не обіцяв нічого особливого, проте згодом виявився не просто особливим, а унікальним завдяки всім тим речам, які створили справді вражаючу мозаїку складену з переходу на човні, плавання, видряпування на пагорб, щоб роздивитися тисячолітні фрески, смакування приготовленої на грилі їжі - та все це в супроводі безмежного почуття свободи в момент, коли стрибаєш з човна, занурюючись в найпрозорішу воду та пливеш до неймовірних білих скель, які на дотик залишаються на диво прохолодними під пекучим сонцем. До самого повернення до цивілізації думка, "як я міг тут опинитися?" постійно пронизує свідомість, примушуючи тебе бажати залишитися в цьому стані та часі назавжди. Це справжнє щастя, тож як можна було не пошити таку вільну невимушену сукню, яка б настільки добре відповідала тому настрою та враженням від незабутнього відпочинку? 


Набір намист створений спеціально, щоб доповнити це вбрання.





The distinctive feature of pattern #104 from Burda 4/2021 is the requirement of a lot of fabric and if it hadn't been bought on sale, I would have hardly ever made this model. The details are cut on one layer of fabric and, on an unexplainable reason, the fronts I cut wrong. Still have no idea why it happened, fortunately, it influenced the ready fit in no way. 






Особливість цієї моделі 104 з Burda 4/2021 - велика витрата тканини, і якщо б я не купила її на розпродажі, навряд чи колись пошила цю модель. Деталі кроються на тканині в один шар і, з якоїсь неосяжної причини, передні частини я покроїла неправильно. Все ще не маю жодного уявлення як таке вийшло, але, на щастя, на посадку готового виробу це не вплинуло.



After stitching darts, and front and back details together, the dress is almost ready.  As the neckline is processed with a bias tape? I reinforced the neckline edges with the interfacing stripes. 




Після зшивання виточок та передніх та задніх частин, сукня майже готова. Оскільки горловина обробляється косою бейкою, краї горловини я зміцнила смужками з прокладкової тканини.


My belt is 4 cm wide, for my figure it is enough. I
t is also reinforced, as it is not narrow, I'd like it not to fold while wearing. The loops for the belt were crocheted. 




Мій пасок завширшки 4 см, для моєї фігури це достатньо. Також я його зміцнила прокладкою, адже він не вузький і не хотілося, щоб він складався поки сукня носиться. Петлі для паску сплела гачком. 


The wearing of the dress is enjoyment as well as the memories about all  my sea vacations. 


Носіння сукні - суцільне задоволення, так само я к і спогади про всі мої морські відпустки.






To relax even more the dress can be worn without the belt, too:-)




Щоб вже зовсім розслабитися, можна і без паску одягати:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment