About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

15 October 2022

Vintage Check Skirt



The skirt was made in July but the post writing was postponed all the time as I was going to make a couple of new blouses to pair with it. Just in case I wouldn't make any of those planned blouse, I paired it with a Pleated top to take photos before the summer ended :-) I knew it matches but was prone to the combining the skirt with a narrower garment. Finally, a couple of weeks ago I wore it with what I had to go to the centre of Mykolaiv, the first time during last seven months. The skirt suited both the occasion and the season so my joy to go around Soborna Street, which was partly ruined by cruise missiles in few days after that, was so full that what I was wearing had no meaning at all. I and my cousin whose family didn't leave the city either spent really good time on that Saturday. Several stores worked so we pretended to do shopping, took some photos, and then had a delicious lunch in a pleasant cafe. Such simple things... primitive things but when I am just writing about them now my eyes are getting wet. We did feel alive as well as our suffering but unconquered place. 




Knitted jacket made by #dropsdesign pattern long ago. Accessories are one of my first beading items Fogs & Roses Necklace and Earrings, and later Red Drops earrings.






Спідниця ретро в клітинку 


Спідницю пошила ще в липні, але написання допису все відкладалося через мої плани колись пошити щонайменше дві нові блузки в пару до неї. Лише про всяк випадок, раптом я ті заплановані блузки не пошию, скомбінувала спідницю з топом з горизонтальними складками, щоб сфотографувати поки літо не закінчилося :-) Знаю, що вони пасують, але схилялася до комбінації з більш вузьким верхом. Зрештою, пару тижнів тому я одягнула її з чим було, щоб вирушити в центр Миколаєва перший раз за останні сім місяців. Спідниця була і по погоді і по нагоді, тож моя радість, поки гуляла Соборною, яка за декілька днів зазнала руйнувань балістичними ракетами, була настільки повною, що в чому я була тоді одягнута, взагалі не мало жодного значення. Ми з сестрою дуже добре провели час тієї суботи. Працювали декілька крамниць, тож ми трохи поприкидалися, що робимо покупки, пофотографувалися, а потім дуже смачно пообідали в кафе. Прості речі... примітивні речі, але навіть коли я пишу про це у мене очі стають вологими. Ми почувалися справді живими, так само як і наше стражденне, але нескорене місто. 



Жакет сплетений дуже давно по моделі #dropsdesign. Прикраси - одні з перших моїх робіт: намисто і сережки "Імла і троянди", та пізніші "Червона крапля" 




The sewing of this model #113 from Burda 6/2019 was quite easy despite checks. I even sewed the pockets, what I mostly avoid, and made them with pleasure. The only changed detail - I had to widen the bottom of the back for about 6 cm otherwise the checks didn't match. Also, as I had a little more than 1.6 m of the fabric, I had to make a seam in the centre of the back. By the way, I sewed the top # 112 which is the skirt paired with in the magazine.







Пошиття цієї моделі 113 з Burda 6/2019 було доволі простим незважаючи на клітинку. Я навіть кишені пошила, чого переважно уникаю, і зробила їх із задоволенням. Єдина зміна - довелося розширити низ задньої частини на приблизно 6 см, інакше не збігалися клітинки на бокових швах. І щод викласти спідницю у відріз трохи більший за 1.6 м довелося зробити шов по середині спинки. До речі, я шила топ 112, з яким в журналі скомбіновано спідницю.




The band is a little bigger than it has to be as I wanted checks to match in the front. The buttons found in my stash, they seem to be used the third time but look good anyway.





Пасок у мене трохи довший, тому що хотіла, що клітинки по середині передньої частини збігалися. Ґудзики знайшла в своїх запасах, здається, це вже їхній третій вихід, але виглядають все одно добре.










I enjoy my feeling while wearing the skirt but yet think it is worth stitching the pleats from the waist down for about 10 cm, and making a couple of those blouses.



Мені подобається, як я почуваюся в цій спідниці, але думаю, що може варто застрочити складки см на 10 вниз і все ж таки пошити тих пару блузок.

No comments:

Post a Comment