About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

26 January 2015

Farfalle Collection




At last I looked up what this nice word "farfalle" means and it turns out to be "small pieces of pasta shaped like bows of butterflies wings" :-) It's surely worth going to the supermarket the nearest days to see how these "small pieces" of pasta look! And I guess the best way to respect such "butterfly wings" is my last pair of the earrings that have a butterfly in their design. The previous pairs were pretty easy to make but this one took me some more time because I wanted to put the butterfly inside the ring and don't let it rotate around.


Колекція "Фарфале"


Я все ж таки зазирнула у словник і дізналася, що означає це красиве і загадкове слово "фарфале". Виявилося, що це один з видів макаронів у формі крилець метелика... Ну що ж, нічого не маю проти італійської кухні :-) За випадковим збігом одним з елементів моєї останньої пари сережок з цих намистин є метелик... ось тобі і макарони, що надихають! 
Попередні мої вироби з намистин ( не з тіста! ) фарфале були досить простими, а ось ця остання пара зайняла трохи часу, бо мені вже дуже  хотілося, щоб метелик не вилiтав з орбіти.




What you need to make alike or the same earrings is seen on the pictures as well as the way of making. My piece of advice: if you are like me just a beginner in this activity, then before making a loop on the pin with a crystal, put a seed bead on it, this will prevent our crystals from scratching with our pliers until we become skillful enough to make loops on the pins quick and neat. To set the butterfly in the right way I used a short piece of the chain, its length depends on the diameter of the ring.



Що знадобиться для виготовлення подібних сережок, можна побачити на фото, так само як і процес виготовлення. Для таких самих початківців, як і я, можу порадити наступне: перед тим, як робити петлю на булавці (або піні, від англ."pin" - булавка, шпилька, до речі, в крамницях ці елементи так і називають) з кристалом, нанизайте на той пін бісерину; це рятуватиме наш кристал від подряпин круглогубцями, аж поки ми не навчимося робити ті петлі швидко і охайно. Щоб прикріпити метелика, я використала ланцюжок, його довжина залежить від діаметра основи сережки.


No comments:

Post a Comment