About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

31 March 2021

Pearl in the Shell Brooch

 

Pearls and shells are quite popular motifs, or symbols when talking about a sea. For example, one of our cities has the nickname Pearl at the Sea, it is Odesa, a beautiful place not so far from mine. One more known for everybody who has ever had a rest in Chornomorsk pearl is a small sculpture in their park along the coast. I saw it last summer while spending few days there. I guess these facts are enough to be inspired to make a brooch with the same motif. 



My full album Odesa is here, Chornomorsk is here


Брошка "Мушля з перлиною" 


Мотиви, чи то символи перлини і мушлі доволі популярні, коли ведеться розмова про море. Наприклад, всі ми знаємо місто з призвіськом "Перлина у моря", в якому багато хто з нас буває влітку. Ще одна відома всім хто колись відпочивав у Черноморську перлина - це маленька скульптура в їхньму парку уздовж моря. Я її побачила минулого літа, коли проводила там декілька днів відпустки. Думаю цих фактів достатньо, щоб надихнутися на створення брошки з таким самим мотивом. 



Мій повний альбом "Одеса" тут, "Чорноморськ" тут





As it is not my first brooch by Charivna Myt kits, the work wasn't hard but there is a certain embarrassing moment. On the middle photo of the brooch, I marked with red the spots where any seed beads but 15.0 could be placed. The bugle in the middle also was too long so I replaced it with a cut bead. Without sewing them on, the black drawings of the scheme look as if the piece is dirty. I have such beads but not everybody does. The ready brooch is beautiful and looks elegant. 



Оскільки це не перша моя брошка з набору "Чарівної миті", робота була нескладна, але був один трохи обтяжливий момент. На середньому фото брошки червоним відмітила місця, де жодну бісерину крім №15.0 пришити не можна. Стеклярус по середині теж був задовгий, тому замінила його на рубку. Не пришивати всі ці бісерини не можна, тому що на тих пустотах залишалися мітки схеми, які створювали враження, що виріб брудний. У мене такий бісер є, але ж не у всіх. Готова брошка красива і виглядає елегантно.




4 comments:

  1. Lovely brooch...ready for Spring. Thank you for the inspiring photos.
    -Eva Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Stay safe and creative, have a nice spring :-)

      Delete
  2. WOW! This is amazing! You are really a fabulous artist!💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellen, very much for the kind comment:-)

      Delete