About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

24 March 2021

Pleated Jersey Dress, or Spring Spontaneity


It happens quite rarely when I am in tune with a fresh Burda issue. I mean not often I sew something right after buying the magazine. There were occasions when I bought the fabric for the pattern from some being awaited new one but five fingers are enough to count such occasions. As we are still on quarantine, and it seems to last forever, several months ago I broke the rule not to buy fabrics just in case. So my stash was enlarged a lot with new materials purchased on sale. They differ, sometimes a lot, in their colour style, print, quality, texture and size but I sure like all of them. Such stash expansion let me sew this new dress from March issue so quickly not because I had planned it but because I was inspired by the article about spring colour style on our Ukrainian Burda site and it occurred to me that I surely could make something gentle and airy at once. In this way, this romantic outfit was born  :-) 



As it was spontaneous sewing, I don't have special jewelry to match the dress so I chose "Twilight" earrings to complete the outfit. I also think some of the green colour will be good as well. 


Трикотажна сукня зі складками, або Весняна спонтанність 


Вкрай зрідка трапляється, що я встигаю за свіженькими числами Burda. Маю на увазі, що не часто шию щось щойно придбавши журнал. Бували випадки, коли купувала тканину для моделі з якогось очікуваного нового випуску, але пальців однієї руки вистачить, щоб таки випадки порахувати. Оскільки ми все ще на карантині, і здається це триватиме тепер завжди, декілька місяців тому я відступила від свого правила не купувати тканин про всяк випадок. Тож мої запаси значно збільшилися з купівлею відрізів з розпродажів. Вони різняться, і дуже помітно, за кольором, візерунком, якістю, текстурою і за розміром, але всі вони мені подобаються. Тож така експансія тканин дозволила так швидко пошити мені цю сукню з березневого числа Burda не тому, що я це планувала, а тому що мене надихнула стаття на нашому українському сайті Burda про весняну кольорову гаму і я одразу подумала, що зможу зробити щось ніжне і невагоме. Ось так і народилося це романтичне вбрання:-) 


Оскільки пошиття було спонтанним, у мене немає спеціальних прикрас до цієї сукні. Доповнила її сережками "Таємниця сутінків". Думаю, дуже добре сюди пасувало б щось зеленого кольору. 





I  still don't know if I like this model:-) But the way I look and feel in this dress is awesome :-) Dress #103 from Burda 3/2021. The sewing is quick and simple, besides, the pattern has a tutorial in the magazine. My dress made of polyester jersey. I had 176 cm x 1.60 m. I lengthened the dress for about 5 cm and lined it. I also refused from a zipper as the dress is quite loose. 







Я все ще не знаю чи подобається мені ця модель:-) Але мені точно до смаку як виглядаю і почуваюся в цій сукні :-) Сукні 103 з Burda 3/2021. Пошиття швидке і просте, до того ж до моделі поданий майстер клас. Мій варіант пошитий з поліестерового трикотажу. У мене було 176 см х 1,60 м. сукню подовжила десь на 5 см і посадила на підкладку. Також обійшлася без блискавки: сукня достатньо вільна. 


The first tip is about joining shoulder edges. They are basted with slight gathering on the back and stitched on the front. 




Перше зауваження стосується плечових зрізів. Вони зметуються з легкою посадкою по спинці, зшиваються по пілочці. 






The cutting of the lining took some time as I wanted to simplify it to avoid making pleats. The back was cut by the given draft and the front was changed. I narrowed the front along the waist for about 4-5 cm (the width of one pleat) and on the bottom cut it for the whole width of the lining fabric which is just 75 cm. I saw such narrow lining fabric first time in my life.





На крій підкладки пішов час, оскільки хотілося його спростити, щоб уникнути складок. Спинку покроїла за основною викрійкою, а пілочку змінила. Звузила її на 4-5 см (на ширину однієї складки), а понизу вирізала на всю ширину підкладкової тканини яка завширшки лише 75 см. Таку вузьку підкладку побачила вперше в житті. 




The lining was joined with the facings and then joined with the dress. In the centre back seam the slit is about 10 cm. The dress is fastened with a loop and an inside button. 





Підкладку з'єднала з обшивками і потім з'єднала з сукнею. По центру спинки розріз приблизно 10 см. Сукня застібається на петлю і внутрішній ґудзик




I also decided the dress will look better with shoulder pads. 




Також я вирішила, що сукня краще виглядатиме з плечовими накладками. 


Only when all mentioned above was ready my mum pinned the lining right on me to shape it for the best fitting. I stitched and pressed these darts. 





Лише коли все вище згадане було готове мама прямо на мені заколола підкладку булавками, щоб надати їй форму для кращої посадки. Ці виточки я застрочила і запрасувала. 

2 comments: