About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

13 February 2022

Cup Cozy


It is not the first thematical February trifle I have ever made but it is exactly the first and the only one of the kind :-) Last Sunday I had a birthday and got this nice and practical cup as one of the gifts. Today, having a stable wish to make something, I decided I was inspired enough to make this quick and simple project which would put me in a good mood as a sunny day succeeds in it in winter, for example :-) Numberless cup cozies in the Internet made me always doubt if people really use them. Right now I am sure I will take this cute piece every time when planning drinking coffee outdoors either at home or during walks :-) 


Утеплювач для чашки 


Не знаю поки що, як це назвати українською мовою, щоб звучало затишно, тож наразі "утеплювач/зігрівач":-) Це не перша тематична лютнева дрібничка, яку я колись робила, але вже точно перша і єдина в своєму роді:-) Минулої неділі у мене був день народження і одним з подарунків була ця мила практична чашка. Сьогодні, маючи непереборне бажання щось зробити, я подумала, що у мене вистачить наснаги на цей простий і швидкий проект, який створить гарний настрій, як, наприклад, це вдається сонячному дню взимку:-) Численні утеплювачі/зігрівачі в Інтернеті завжди примушували мене сумніватися, що люди і справді таким користуються. Зараз  я впевнена, що братиму з собою цю дрібничку щоразу, коли збиратимуся пити каву надворі або під час прогулянок:-) 




I only crocheted a stripe of leftover yarn. The hearts and roses were in my stash as I used to make them to decorate an outdoor sphere. The link to make to crochet hearts I have but what tutorial was used to make the flowers, I don't remember. There are a lot in the Internet to choose. 





Сплела гачком лише смужку з рештків пряжі. Сердечка і троянди у мене залишалися з часів декорування вуличної кульки. Посилання на плетіння сердечок у мене є, а ось за яким майстер класом плела квіточки, не пам'ятаю, в Інтернеті є багато з чого обрати.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Oksana! Thinking of you much these days... I hope you're doing fine and that the lately upheavals in your country are not affecting you and your family and friends! Take care my friend! Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Julie, for your support and care! We are fine up to now, all of us hope for the best.

      Delete