About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

1 September 2023

Fan Flower Earrings




I was curious enough to search for the designer's name of the earrings and it turned out to be a real plant, a cute flower with rich blossoming so I decided not to invent anything on my own and leave the name as it is, despite, if to be absolutely honest they remind me some sea creatures but that's the question of perception. The earrings were made by Penny Dixon's pattern from Beadwork Favorite Stitches 2016. It is my second project with dagger seed beads but the previous one, Smile for Van Gogh earrings, was with one-hole beads and this one is with two-holes daggers. I liked these earrings but wasn't obsessed with them and the daggers were used to be bought for a different project, one of my complete fails by the way, so I thought it was a good time to make a new piece of jewelry as I hadn't made any bead weaving for quite long. And here it is, unique and gorgeous :-) 



Сережки "Квітка-віяло" 


Мені вистачило допитливості пошукати в інтернеті, що означає назва, яку дизайнер дала сережкам. Виявилося, що це справжня рослина, мила квіточка з багатим цвітінням, тож вирішила нічого свого не вигадувати і залишити оригінальну назву, хоча направду, вони мені якихось морських істот нагадують, але то таке: кому що і після чого ввижається. Сережки сплетені за моделлю від Penny Dixon з Beadwork Favorite Stitches 2016. Це мій другий виріб з намистинами-дегерами (daggers, кінджали), але попередній, сережки "Посмішка для Ван Гога", були з намистинами з однім отвором, а ці з двома. Мені ці сережки подобалися, але не до лихоманки, і дегери купувала колись для зовсім іншого проекту, одного з моїх повних провалів, до речі, тож подумала, що вже час створити якусь прикрасу, бо досить давно нічого не плела. Ну і ось вони, унікальні і прекрасні :-) 



I didn't have all the exact materials mentioned in the magazine thus changed a pear-shaped drop for an ellipse crystal. For an unknown reason, my first earring had a central dagger stuck out, so I made the second one changing the colour style of 15.0 seed beads and drops. I don't realize what happened but the second earring was flawless then I ripped the first one and made it again. 




У мене не було всіх матеріалів як в журналі, тож я замінила грушовидну краплю на кристал еліпс. З невідомої причини центральний дегер моєї першої сережки став сторчма тож я зробила другу сережку змінивши колір бісеру 15.0 і маленьких магатам. Не усвідомлюю, що  трапилося, але друга сережка вийшла без дефектів. І потім я розпорола першу і переробила її. 

No comments:

Post a Comment