About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

17 August 2023

Mavka Raglan Boho Dress, or Cherkashchyna Sketches lll



To visit Cherkasy region without wandering about Sofiivka Arboretum is unavoidable. 
The park is considered to be beautiful all around the year and I was there a few times before but always in autumn.  Thus this year it was my first summer trip to the sight. The dress I made  on that occasion fitted with its design and fabric pattern into the landscape so well that we hardly could find a kind of the contrast location to take pictures of it to display the garment in its best :-) That's why I called the dress Mavka as I felt myself  a part of the park in it :-) 

For the piece of linen and viscose blend 2.20 x 145 cm I chose Burda PDF pattern #6222B, this modification has long sleeves. I must admit they are the perfect match indeed. I bought the fabric aimlessly just because it was on sale and I liked it a lot. Thus quick sewing and gorgeous outcome lived up to my expectations in full and even more. 


The necklace Summer Day matches it well.

Сукня бохо з рукавом реглан "Мавка", або Замальовки з Черкащини lll




Подорожувати Черкащиною та не поблукати Софіївкою майже неможливо. Вважається, що парк прекрасний будь якої пори року і я вже була там декілька разів, але завжди восени. Тож  цього разу мене вперше занесло туди влітку. Сукня яку я пошила з цієї нагоди так природно вписалася в пейзаж своїм кроєм та візерунком тканини, що нам так і не вдалося знайти якусь контрастну локацію для фотосесії, щоб продемонструвати вбрання якнайкраще :-) Саме тому і назвала сукню "Мавкою", адже я в ній почувалася частиною парку :-) 
До відрізу 2,20 х 145 см віскози з льоном я підібрала модель 6222B PDF Burda, ця модифікація має довгі рукави. Маю відмітити, що це ідеальна пара. Тканину купувала без певної мети, лише тому що вона була на знижках та дуже мені сподобалася. Тож швидке пошиття з чудовим результатом більше ніж просто виправдав мої сподівання. 

До сукні добре пасує намисто "Літній день".


I am quite indifferent to the pockets on the dresses but this time made them as wanted to use all the fabric. I should say that the pockets are marked for modification A which has drop waist so for variant B the pockets are too low to use them comfortably. As it became clear after the dress was ready, I changed nothing. 



Мені доволі байдуже до кишень на сукнях, але тут я їх зробила, щоб використати всю тканину. Маю відмітити, що кишені розмічені для сукні А, оскільки вона має суттєвий напуск по талії, тож для моєї сукні кишені розташовані дуже низько, щоб ними можна було зручно користуватися. Це стало зрозуміло лише коли сукня була готова, тож я нічого вже не міняла.



The sleeves have effective slits which let the dress be worn in warm summer weather. Processing any slits, I always baste them, topstitch and the remove the basting thread. In this way the it is easier, neater and quicker to make. 
The sleeves were very long, before sewing the cuffs I shortened them for 3 cm.


Рукави мають ефектні розрізи, що дозволяє носити сукню в теплу літню погоду. Обробляючи будь які розрізи, я завжди їх зметую, відстрочую і потім видаляю зметувальну нитку. Так це виходить легше, охайніше та швидше. Рукава були дуже довгі, до того як пришивати манжети, я їх вкоротила на 3 см.


The night we spent in a hotel not far from Zhashkiv and in the morning had a relaxing meeting with horses at the local horse-racing complex. 
Right then I thought that I needed one more dress :-)


Заночували ми в готелі недалеко від Жашкова, а розслаблений ранок присвятили знайомству з кіньми місцевого кінно-спортивного комплексу. Саме тоді я і подумала, що мені потрібна ще одна сукня :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment