About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

15 March 2015

Theater Dress, or "Nothing to Wear!"






Last time I said these words when was either 13 or 14. The situation was very typical: there held a New Year's party in our school and my new festive dress hadn't been ready yet. Like most of women my mum worked a lot so had no time to finish the outfit on time. I don't remember exactly if it had been a problem before ( I've heard the only family legend that once it happened I refused to go to the kindergarten because my socks' and the clothers' colours didn't match) but on that day I took a position of a principled stubbornness and had no intention to go to the party. None of the reasons or persuasion either of my parents or my friends could change my obstinacy. What was eating me then nobody knew but everybody got tired of me, went on living their life, and left me alone to enjoy my adolescent immaturity on my own.  Yet I had great friends. After the party they came to see me again: they were so joyful and  full of impressions because of New Year Tree, dances and funs that I only got green because of envy. And  at that very moment my stupidity became so obvious for me that after the event never in my life I let my mood and intentions be dependent on any clothes. Clothes is just a mode and addition to the bright spirit and not the main cause of it. Since then I always have had what to wear:-) 



In the photo, the dress is completed with an Aurora Borealis cowl


 



Театральна сукня, або "Немає, що одягнути!"


Останній раз я вимовляла ці слова десь чи у шостому, чи то у сьомому класі. В школі був новорічний захід, а нову сукню ми з мамою лише встигли приміряти - як і більшість жінок, мама  багато працювала, тому не встигла її дошити. Достеменно не пам'ятаю, чи раніше це було проблемою (сімейні легенди розповідають лише про випадок моєї відмови іти до дитячого садка через те, що колір гольфів не пасував до кольору вбрання), але тут я чомусь стала в позу і відмовилась мандрувати на свято до школи. Жодні розумні і правильні слова та умовляння ані батьків, ані моїх подруг не діяли на мою впертість. Який грець мене тоді вкусив невідомо, але, звісно, всім це набридло і кожний повернувся до своїх справ, а я могла носитись зі своєї підлітковою незрілістю скільки заманеться.  Мої друзі, завітавши до мене після свята, були в такому захваті від ялинки, танців і розваг, що я просто зеленіла від заздрощів, а моя дурість стала для мене такою очевидною, що після того випадку я більше ніколи в житті не дозволяла своєму настрою та намірам залежати від якогось там одягу. Одяг - це всього лише засіб  і доповнення до гарного настрою. І з того часу мені завжди є що одягнути :-) 

 

На фото сукню доповнено снудом "Північне сяйво".






It is really not so hard as it seems to be. And not only because I can sew or knit although it plays some role, of course. Let's just remember simple ways of combining the items of clothes: they always help. That's why there is such a term - "basic wardrobe". One of such things I finished today. It is a simple, well-fitting and without any extra lines dress. The most distinctive in it is its colour, the colour of the clear and pure sky... As I'm a woman who works I mostly use ready patterns. This one I found in Burda 11/2012, #122. It requires minimal sewing skills.  The design supposes the joining the skirt and the bodice for 1 cm higher than a real waist. For women with a low waist it is very good but anyway it is better to draw the line where it should be for comfort wearing. We just increase the bodice on the waistline by 1 cm and decrease the skirt on the top edge by 1 cm. And here you are! Now the paper pattern even can be used as a basic sloper for further designing.




І це не так вже і важко. І не лише тому, що я вмію шити  і в'язати, хоча це і грає певну роль. Але ж є дуже прості прийоми вибору одягу та його комбінування, які завжди допоможуть. Якраз тому і існує таке поняття як "базовий гардероб". Одну з таких речей я сьогодні закінчила. Це проста, без зайвих ліній сукня, прилягаючого силуету. Найвидатніше в ній - це колір, ясного чистого неба. Оскільки я жінка, що працює, то користуюся переважно вже готовими викрійками. Цю модель я знайшла в журналі Burda 11/2012, модель №122. Вонa потребує мінімальних навичок шиття, досить навіть тих, які отримали в школі на уроках праці. Конструкція моделі в журналі передбачає лінію притачування спідниці вище на 1 см за стандартну. Таки лінії можуть собі легко дозволити жінки із низькою талією, але краще накреслити ту лінію там, де вона має бути, щоб уникати враження, наче сукня весь час задерта. Просто креслимо додатковий 1 см по талії на ліфі сукні, а спідницю по талії зменшуємо на 1 см. Тепер викрійку можна використовувати навіть як основу для подальшого моделювання. 




The dress is simple to make so just follow the instructions. I only have a couple of pieces of adviсe.
1. Not depending on the fabric, always reinforce the slit with the interface. And when applying it, make just the slightest gathering along the fold. It will prevent your slit from sagging and keep the straight line of the folding after some time of wearing the dress.



Сукню пошити доволі просто, тому просто діємо за інструкцією. У мене є лише двійко-трійко порад.
1. Незалежно від типу тканини, яку використовуємо, завжди зміцнюємо шліц за допомогою клеєвого флізеліну, а перед цим завжди трішечки припосаджуємо тканину вздовж  лінії згину. Це щоб потім, коли носитимемо сукню, наш шліц не провисав і зберігав форму.




 

2. It concerns the ironing of the sleeves. After making the darts, steam the sleeves giving them a slight form of a crescent. The ready sleeves will fit better.




2. Стосується прасування рукавів. Після того, як стачали виточки, відпарюємо рукава надаючи їм легкої форми півмісяця. Готовий рукав "сидітиме" краще.




3. The final trick is about the processing of the hem. I make it with a slip stitch only on the thick fabrics and very very rarely on the thin ones. But this time decided it would be better to have it "handmade":-) The classic dense of such a stitch is 3 stitches per 1 cm. I made a picture both per 1 cm and per 1 inch. Be careful! The seam must be neither too tight nor too loose!


3. Остання порада стосується обробки низу сукні. Я підшила сукню потайним стібком. Я майже ніколи не роблю цього на тонких тканинах, лише на костюмних, але чомусь цього разу забандюрилось (як сказала б моя бабуся). Класична щільність  - 3 стібка в 1 см (на фото і в см і в дюймах - у мене ж є така лінійка ).Треба контролювати, щоб стібок не був аж надто затягнутим або навпаки не тугим.





Before starting the work with a slip stitch put your item on the table in front of you and then sew: the item won't be wrinkled and you can see your work well.
The best to hem is with silk thread but, of course, you can use any smooth and thin thread.



Перед початком роботи  - покладіть сукню перед собою на стіл і потім спокійно працюйте - виріб не буде зайвий раз м'ятись, а Ви  бачитимете свій обсяг роботи.
Класика - підшивати шовковими нитками, але в сучасному світі вибір може бути і інший, головне - нитка має бути тонкою і гладенькою.





And this is the way how it looks after finishing the hemming and the ironing. Not bad :-))


Ось так це виглядає після того, як закінчимо підшивати і випрасуємо. Непогано :-))







4. Having such an outfit anybody is well-dressed in any situation, just change the accessories. Pic 4 - Spring Walk look (the jacket was made last year by Burda's pattern # 107 from 09/2010).





4. Якщо в гардеробі є така сукня, ми завжди гарно вдягнені, лише змінимо певні доповнення.

Варіант для весняної прогулянки (куртку я пошила минулого року по моделі №107 з Burda 09/2010).

       

2 comments:

  1. Одна сукня ( я маю на увазі в даному епізоді), а скільки варіацій!!! Це ще, мабуть, не всі... Вікна колажу маленькі...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Так.. варіанти ще можуть бути. Треба клікнути на фото, щоб збільшити.

      Delete