About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

5 March 2015

Cones, Orchids, Theatre, Chandelier, Raincoat Sewing Fail and Pendant


I like to talk about inspiration...or, to be exact, about its sources. I've never thought why up to now... Have you ever followed your thought's tracing? I mean the way of its developing: how you start thinking on one theme, then move to the other, then your thought passes through different topics, memories and associations and when you are ready to say aloud the final result of your pondering, it is sometimes so different from the initial image that even can cause a smile if you fixed any of the thought's mazing. Probably inspiration is the best sample of such crisscrossing and the story of this set's idea is one of the examples to explain in practice what I really mean :-)

Конуси, орхідеї, театр, люстра, плащ-невдаха і кулон
Мені подобається говорити про натхнення, чи то про його джерела. Досі і не думала, чому... Ви коли-небудь спостерігали за розвитком ходу своїх думок? Як починаєш думати про одне, потім щось тебе чипляє і ти переходиш на інше, потім думка проходить через цілий лабіринт тем, спогадів і асоціацій, і нарешті, коли ти висловлюєшся, то кінцевий результат міркувань може настільки різнитись від початкового образу, що навіть викликає посмішку, якщо до того ти фіксував розвиток своєї думки. Як на мене, натхнення, це найкращий приклад такого курсування ідей і образів, а наступна історія просто пояснює на практиці, що я маю на увазі :-)

Cones
I saw them in a hobby store while choosing some details for some of my previous projects. Starting my beading I decided to purchase only necessary things for the certain projects without piling enormous stash so I go shopping only having in mind some idea to realise... but sometimes while looking for the needed details I come across something inspiring and begin thinking over the new idea. It is exactly the case. When I saw these cones in the shape of filigree flowers, I liked them but couldn't invent how to use so didn't buy at once.

Конуси
Я їх побачила, коли вибирала деталі для одного з моїх попередніх прoектів. Занурившись у нанизування, я все ж таки вирішила купувати лише необхідні складові для певного проекту, щоб не накопичувати якійсь величезний запас, тому крокую до крамниці лише, коли маю якусь ідею, щоб втілити її в життя. Але, звісно, якщо шукаєш щось потрібне, можна натрапити на щось таке, що може стати дуже потрібним, якщо воно тобі сподобається:-)) Тому кинувши око на ці філігранні конуси у формі квітки, я їх не купила одразу, бо мала спочатку придумати, як їх використати.


Orchids
One of the most picturesque flowers, as for me... Their variety is endless. I'm surely not the one to grow orchids but certainly can admire their shapes and colours. Looking through the photos of them on G+, I saw the flower that seemed to have upside down petal and there it was the idea! To use those cones I just had to turn them up and invent how to fix the pin to make the base for the further decoration.

Орхідеї
Це одні з найвидовищніших квітів, як на мене. Їхнє розмаїття - безкінечне. Я точно не з тих, хто  здатний, або принаймні, бажає, вирощувати орхідеї, але безумовно з тих, хто в змозі ними милуватись, а хоч би і на фото:-) На G+ на одному з них, я побачила квітку, в якої, наче єдина пелюстка і росте наче догори дригом: ось тобі і ідея! Конуси треба перевернути і придумати, як приєднати до них пін, щоб утворилася основа для декорування.


Theatre
The other days my friend invited me to go to the theatre.  Everything is inspiring in the Temple of Arts: the play (about love?... of course:-)), the acting and the building itself. The chandelier in the hall reminded me my cones ( hard to say in what way:-)) so next day I was ready with the first two pairs of the earrings :-)

Театр
Днями моя подруга запросила мене до театру. А в храмі мистецтв надихає все: і п'єса (про кохання, звісно:-)), і гра акторів, та і сама будівля. Якимось чином люстра в залі нагадала мені мої конуси, і тому наступного дня перші дві пари сережок з цієї колекції були готові :-)



Raincoat Fail
It should have been my next sewing project. Вut when I came to the store to buy the fabric for a raincoat, the fate, incarnated in our economic situation, intruded in my plans: the price for that fabric was increased for 2.5 times and the only thing I could afford to do at that moment, except leaving - to smile to the shop-girl (I smile to those girls pretty often, yeah ?:-)). On the way home I thought my luckless visit had a very positive result: firstly, it had prevented me from buying  the fabric of the wrong colour because at that moment I already changed my mind and wanted deep emerald instead of that planned burgundy; secondly, the fabric was too thin for the raincoat so it would be better to make a dress but then I thought as I had no ideas for the dress at the moment, it would be better to make a pendant for one pair of the earrings to satisfy my wish to have something emerald :-)) And... here it is :-)

Плащ-невдаха
Це мала бути наступна річ, яку я збиралась пошити. Але, коли зайшла до крамниці, доля, в образі нашої економічної ситуації, втрутилась в мої наміри: ціна на заплановану тканину піднялась більше ніж вдвічі, тому все, що я могла собі дозволити в той момент, крім як піти, це - посміхнутись продавчині ( я таки часто посміхаюсь тим дівчатам:-)). По дорозі додому стало цілком зрозуміло, що моє невдале відвідування крамниці мало дуже позитивний результат. По-перше, завадило купити тканину не того кольору, бо вже на той момент я передумала і замість запланованого бордо, воліла б мати глибокий смарагд; по-друге, та тканина для плаща була-таки затонка, тому краще б пошити не плащ, а сукню; але, оскількі у мене не було жодних ідей щодо сукні, краще б зробити кулон до однієї з пари сережок, і так задовільнити бажання мати щось такого гарного зеленого кольору:-)) Ось так воно і буває (пам'ятаєте анекдот: "та то ж Ви, куме, пити хотіли":-))


Pendant 
So yesterday night my set was ready and now I'm just happy that didn't buy that fabric... and I'm sure I don't need any new raincoat at all:-)
Кулон
Ось вчора ввечері комплект був готовий, і я просто щаслива, що не купила ту тканину... та  мені той плащ взагалі не потрібен:-)

                                                                                     How to Make
And some ideas how to feel happy when everything goes either wrong or not very good:-)

                                                                                       Як зробити
Ну а тепер декілька порад як змінити наміри, щоб почуватися щасливим, якщо все, або не все складається так, як хочеться:-)

1. Gather the materials and join the petals with the cones, drops and seed beads; the wire #4, it's hard enough to keep the shape of the ready item. I learned how to make flowers here ( Poinsettia earrings ), once I used the technology and it gave great result so you can do the same.

1. Збираємо всі необхідні матеріали і з'єднуємо пелюстки з конусів, кристалів-крапель і бісера (дріт №4, достатньо жорсткий, щоб готовий виріб тримав форму). Я навчилась робити квіти за цим майстер-класом ( Poinsettia earrings  ),  одного разу він ( це, фактично, "шов назад голку") вже дав чудовий результат, тому рекомендую всім.

2. After joining the last petal (cone), pull the wire from the first cone through the lowest hole of the last cone and vice versa: the wire from the last cone through the hole of the first. In fact, criss-cross; now the flower (pendant) keeps the shape well. I must admit the filigree cones are pretty fragile (at least mine, while making the earrings, I broke two such cones) so not to waste your details, train with crystals only or some scrap beads or have a reserve one.

2. Пiсля того, як приєднали останню пелюстку (конус), протягуємо дріт з першого конуса через найнижчий отвір останнього і навпаки - дріт з останнього через перший, такий собі хрест навхрест. Тепер кулон добре закріплений. Маю зазначити, що конуси досить крихки ( поки робила сережки, два лопнули), тому спочатку потренуйтеся це робити або лише на краплях чи якихось простих намистинах, або будьте готові до заміни деталей.

3. Next step: we have to decorate and mask the wire at the same time. I made it with a bicone and seed beads but you can do it in other ways: with different beads, small crystals, whatever. On the ends of the wire make loops, cut the extra wire and pull the loops through the nearest holes of the filigree.

3.Наступний крок - маємо прикрасити і водночас замаскувати кінці дроту. Я це зробила за допомогою біконуса і бісера, а можна зробити це різними намистинами, маленькими кристаликами тощо. На кінцях дроту робимо петлі, залишки дроту обрізаємо, а петлі протягуємо крізь найближчі отвори конусів.
4. And then everybody can create the necklace on own taste and wish. The only advice and common rule: at first gather the details in separate elements to compile the lace.

4. Далі вже вигадуємо, кому що заманеться, щоб зібрати намисто за власним смаком. Єдина загальна порада - спочатку зібрати всі деталі в елементи, якщо ви їх робитимите, а потім вже компонувати.

                                                       5. My necklace looks in this way:-)
                                                       5. Моє намисто виглядає так:-)


2 comments: