About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

26 September 2018

Coral Yoke Trousers, or Sewing Must Go On :-)

I had a plenty of thoughts crossed my mind while sewing these trousers, it could be enough to accompany the sewing of the whole wardrobe but if to generalise all the experience and the outcome, it is clear I only have simple pants that are out of the season and absolutely useless right now on very that reason :-) Then why? I don't know. I understood long ago that the best way not to stop making things is not to look for the reasons to make them. The results of crafting must be practical, at least for me, but to plan, postpone, create a queue, wishes list, despite being a fun, have not much in common with free will. And if to be focused on all that stuff too much, finally, laziness and procrastinating can empower you. Of course, all this story is only about me! There are many highly organised persons, who always have my admiration, but I am not the one of them so must just follow the wish to make whatever not to regret about lost time. Summer trousers made in autumn are always better that trousers made neither in summer nor in autumn.

The trousers were meant to be packed in my vacation suitcase but, as it happened very often  when I am planning to sew something right for travelling, I stuck to the idea that I had enough items pairing with many other things so there is no need to make super efforts before the journey. And it was really so this time... as well as every previous times :-) Because, as I once said, I avoid complaining for absence of clothes:-)



Коралові штани на кокетці, або Пошиття має тривати :-)

У мене була купа думок поки я шила ці штани, вистачило б для написання вступів до цілого гардеробу речей, але якщо підсумувати і весь отриманий досвід і результат, зрозуміло, що у підсумку я маю прості штани не по сезону, від яких, з тієї ж самої причини, зараз немає жодної користі :-)
Тоді навіщо? Не знаю. Я давно зрозуміла, що найкращий спосіб не припиняти виготовляти речі - це не замислюватися про мотиви їх створення. Результат рукотворів має бути практичним, принаймні для мене, але планувати, відкладати, створювати чергу та списки бажань, хоча само по собі і розвага, має небагато спільного із свободою вибору :-) І якщо на всьому цьому забагато зосереджуватися, все може закінчитися тим, що лінощі та затягування візьмуть гору. Вся ця історія, звісно, лише про мене! Є багато добре організованих людей, які викликають у мене захоплення, але я не одна з них, тож маю просто плентатися за бажанням щось робити, аби не шкодувати про втрачений час. Літні штани восени - це краще ніж жодних штанів ані восени ані влітку.
Штани мали зайняти місце у моїй відпускній валізі, але, як це часто трапляється, коли я планую пошити щось спеціально для подорожі,  я пристала на думку, що у мене достатньо речей, які добре пасують одна  одній, тому немає жодних причин робити надзусилля перед поїздкою. І це так і було цього разу... як і всі попередні рази :-) Тому що, як я вже одного разу казала, я уникаю фрази "мені немає чого вдягти" :-)


Late sewing caused the choice of this pattern. It is model 13 from Diana Moden 4/2012 (Ukrainian edition). I chose it because of the silhouette, the pants are straight, have many pockets and the yokes. The fabric is very thin cotton sateen stretch. Right now the trousers look much brighter then they are because of grey weather and on pretty cold day it is hard to understand how I could buy such thin fabric:-)




Пошиття з істотним запізненням спричинило вибір фасону. Це модель 13 з Diana Moden 4/2012 (українське видання). Вибрала її через силует, штани прямі, мають багато кишень і кокетки. Тканина тонкий еластичний сатин. Як на цю сіру погоду штани виглядають яскравішими ніж вони  є насправді  та і такого холодного дня важко зрозуміти, як можна було придбати настільки тонку тканину :-)





As a rule I don't make pockets on the trousers because of my wide hips and, when purchasing the fabric, it was exactly the words I said to the seller. But when choosing the pattern I suddenly wanted to make the pockets very much, however, it was enough fabric only for the back ones. I enjoyed sewing them.







Як правило через свої широкі стегна я не роблю кишень на штанях і, купуючи тканину, саме це і сказала продавчині. Але, обираючи модель, мені раптом так закортілося ті кишені залишити, проте тканини вистачило лише на задні. Шила їх із задоволенням.





When stitching any symmetric details to the main details, the most important to sew them right. I still use old-fashioned way to copy the spots of the placements with basting loopy stitches.




Коли пришиваються симетричні деталі до основних, дуже важливо пришити їх правильно. І досі використовую старомодний спосіб перенесення ліній розташування симетричних деталей за допомогою силків.






The sewing of the fly is usual.


Втачування блискавки звичайне.








It mustn't be in this way but this time I even wanted to shortened the zipper neatly.


Так не обов'язково робити, але цього разу мені навіть захотілося охайно вкоротити блискавку.




It used to be one of my favourite prosessing - double top stitching, like in jeans.


Це колись була одна з моїх улюблених операцій - відстрочування подвійною строчкою, як на джинсах.








Something tells me it is not the last this autumn summer project :-)
Щось мені підказує, що це ще не останній літній проект цієї осені :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment