About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

17 September 2018

Flounce Dress, or Summer Night


It almost always happens that after cutting some item in the end of August I have no time to sew it at once... mostly because of school start. It goes in the following way: at first I think that it would be good to use the reason of a holiday, which is the First of September is in our country, to make one more outfit. I chose the model and it is always something light for summer days, then cut it and then suddenly there appear different urgent activity at work that my way of thinking changes. I start professing that I have enough dresses to wear so if I don't sew this last one right now, nothing awful happens and the sewing is postponed for the nearest weekend in September. On such a weekend I am always pretty busy and on the next one is as well so the sewing is postponed again and again until it becomes chilly enough for such apparel to wear and I speechify in new words. I remind myself that as colder it becomes, the less interest in the dress I will have and I hate to begin making new projects until I have unfinished ones on my sewing table. It means I won't be able to make more appropriate season things. So yesterday about after lunch the inspiration and will united at last and the dress had been made by the end of Sunday :-)




Сукня з "крильцями", або Літній вечір


Майже завжди трапляється, що, покроївши якусь річ в кінці серпня, у мене немає часу її пошити одразу... переважно через початок занять у школі. Це відбувається так: спочатку я думаю, що було б добре скористатися нагодою свята Першого дзвоника щоб пошити якесь нове вбрання. Я обираю модель і це завжди щось легке для літніх днів, потім крою його, а потім раптом на роботі з'являються якісь нагальні справи, що спричиняє  зміну потоку думок. Я починаю розмірковувати про те, що у мене достатньо суконь, тому, якщо і не пошию цю останню прямо зараз, нічого страшного не трапиться і пошиття відкладається на перші вихідні вересня. В такі вихідні я завжди доволі зайнята, як і в наступні, тож пошиття відкладається знову і знову поки не стає прохолодно, щоб таке вбрання носити і тоді я міняю риторику. Я собі нагадую, що чим холодніше стає, тим менше мене цікавитиме та сукня, а я терпіти не можу починати шити щось нове поки на робочому столі є незакінчені речі. Це означає, що я не зможу робити більш відповідний сезону одяг. Тому вчора, десь приблизно по обіді, натхнення і воля нарешті об'єдналися і до кінця неділі сукню було пошито :-)



Why Summer Night? In summer in my place it is very hot and if we ever change clothes to go out at night (those who go out, I mostly don't :-)), it happens because our day clothes is to sweaty to wear it again. But if I were going to wear something to look romantic, I would certainly choose this outfit in hope  to be blown with night breeze and have the flounces flapping like bird's wings (by the way here such flounces are called "wings") :-)
Besides, last year I made a pair of earrings specially to match this dress, they surely tell about night, too...


Чому літній вечір? Влітку в нашій місцевості дуже спекотно і якщо ми і перевдягаємося, щоб вийти ввечері (ті, хто виходять, я - переважно - ні:-)), то це через те, що вдень надто спітніли тож все одно треба одяг міняти. Але, якби я збиралася одягти щось романтичне, я б вже напевно вибрала цю сукню з надією, що нічний бриз обдуватиме мене, а "крильца" на сукні тріпотітимуть, як  крила у пташки :-)
Крім того минулого року я зробила пару сережок спеціально до цієї сукні, і вони вже напевно промовляють про вечір теж...







The fabric, thin crepe, used to be bought for making model #106 from Burda 2/2017 but after seeing it made by one of my mates, I omitted the pattern because its flounce is too narrow for my wide border print fabric. I looked through what I had on the subject and chose the pattern 118 from Burda 7/2017 because I was less short of the fabric for it. About that time I also pondered why I had purchased this issue so was glad to find the reason :-)


Тканину, тонкий креп, було куплено для виготовлення моделі 106 з Burda 2/2017, але побачивши цю сукню, пошиту моєю приятелькою, я відмовилася від цієї ідеї, тому що шлярка сукні надто вузька для мого широкого купону. Переглянувши що у мене є на тему "крилець", зупинилася на моделі 118 з Burda 7/2017, тому що на неї  вистачало тканини. Приблизно в той час я також розмірковувала, навіщо я купила це число журналу, тож була рада знайти причину :-)




I must confess that without the instruction I would probably never make the dress or the time of sewing would become endless :-) So the model is not only beautiful but to work on it was very interesting.
I mean, of course, the processing and stitching the flounces. My sewing machine doesn't make nice zigzag stitch so I had to bend the bottom edge of the flounces twice to hem it. I have a special foot but have no skill to use so... next time... maybe.




Маю зізнатися, що без інструкції я б, мабуть, ніколи не зробила цю сукню, або її пошиття було б вічним:-) Тож модель не лише красива, але і працювати над нею було цікаво.
Маю на увазі, звичайно ж, обробку шлярки. Машинка моя не робить гарний зигзаг, тож довелося обробляти низ цих деталей подвійною підгинкою. У мене є спеціальна лапка, але навичок нею користуватися немає, тож наступного разу... може.



The stitching the flounces to the dress is a detective story but,  as it was mentioned above, interesting and, what is important with a happy end.
For those who are going to make it, I recommend to read instructions and maybe the photos can be helpful to some degree. Here the back is shown, the front flounce is sewed in the same way.


Пришивання шлярок до сукні - це детективна історія,але, як вже було вище згадано, цікава, і, що важливо, зі щасливим кінцем.
Для тих, хто збирається це робити, я рекомендую уважно читати інструкцію і можливо фото, певною мірою, стануть у пригоді. Тут показано спинку, до передньої частини шлярки пришиваються так само.


The stitching of the facing is usual but, not having enough fabric, I made the facing of two parts, sew them together and then work as with a single piece. I also decided that it would be better at first to stitch the facing to the neck hole and then cut it in the front.



Пришивання обшивки - звичайне, але, оскільки мені не вистачало тканини, довелося робити її з двох частин, зшити їх, а потім обробляти як  одну. Також я вирішила, що було б краще спочатку пришити обшивку до вирізу горловини, а вже потім розрізати її по середині переду.


No comments:

Post a Comment