About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

30 September 2018

Draped Neckhole (or Just Hearts') Top :-)



I wonder what to start with... hmm... I have a dream to fly  the hot air balloon. However, just to visit any festival of such balloons it will be excellent as well. In Ukraine the most famous of them is the festival in Kamianets-Podilskyi, but to get there, stay for and come back home for a one day is very troubling from my place. So when this year one of our touristic agency organised the journey to the alike festival in Uman, that is easier to visit, I couldn't miss the chance.
As last week autumn suddenly reminded that it is here already, most of tourists, including me, of course, checked the weather forecast for the yesterday Saturday probably every day as the absence of rain is a must for such an event. Any precipitaion were not expected... up to Friday that brought the news about the rain in Uman for the whole Saturday. It is strange but I wasn't upset... I had a feeling that the trip will be great anyway. I was so excited with the coming journey that despite tiredness by the end of the week sewed this top with funny print of flying the heart balloons owls..., it did expreess my mood :-)




Топ з коміром водоспад, або Просто  сердечка  :-)



Ось думаю, з чого б почати...добре... У мене є мрія політати на повітряній кулі. Проте навіть просто відвідати будь який фестиваль таких куль теж було б чудово. В Україні найвідоміший з них - фестиваль в Кам'янці-Подільському, але дістатися туди, залишатися на якійсь час, а потім повернутися звідти додому за один день дуже проблематично з мого міста. Тому, коли одна з туристичних агенцій організувала подорож на подібний захід в Умані, яку не так клопітно відвідати, я такий шанс пропустити не могла.

Оскільки минулого тижня осінь всім нам нагадала, що вона вже тут, більшість туристів, звісно, включно зі мною, мабуть щодня перевіряли прогноз погоди, бо відсутність дощу для той події - навіть не обговорюється. Жодних опадів не передбачалося... до п'ятниці, яка принесла звістку про дощь в Умані на цілий день. На подив, я не засмутилася... У мене було відчуття, що день все одно мине прекрасно. Я була так схвильована мандрівкою, що незважаючи на  втому наприкінці тижня, пошила цей топ з кумедним візерунком з совеняток, що летять на повітряних кульках-сердечках... він і справді виражав мій настрій :-)







The day was great indeed! Uman is famous for its unbelievable Sophiyivski Park. I was there not less than 10 years ago on a sunny warm autumn day. The park is considered to be beautiful in any season and now I can say it is amazing in any weather as well :-) Probably because we got there after lunch and all the day it was either raining or drizzling alternately there were less people as usual. The park's poetic and romantic atmosphere was felt even more and it inclined to contented contemplating.




День і справді виявився прекрасним! Умань відома своїм неймовірним Софіївським парком. Я була там десь років десять тому теплим сонячним осіннім днем. Вважається що парк чарівний будь якої пори року і зараз можу сказати що і за будь якої погоди :-) Можливо через те, що ми приїхали туди по обіді і весь день дощ мінявся на мжичку і навпаки,  людей було менше ніж за зазвичай. Тож поетично-романтична атмосфера парку відчувалася навіть більше і схиляла до смиренного споглядання. 




The top deserves few words to be mentioned, too:-) I cannot say I chose the best model among those I'd like to sew but for the quantity of the fabric I had it is not the worse variant. Model #21 from Diana Moden11-12/ 2012 (Ukrainian edition). I sewed it for  four hours thanking to the great designer's idea with a single piece front facing and single piece facing for the back's collar.





Топ теж заслуговує на пару слів :-) Не можу сказати, що обрала найкращу модель з тих, які хотілося б пошити, але для моєї кількості тканини цей варіант - не найгірший. Модель 21 з Diana Moden11-12/ 2012 (українське видання). Я його пошила за чотири години завдяки гарній дизайнерський ідеї з суцільнокроєною з передом обшивкою пілочки і суцільнокроєним з обшивкою коміром спинки.




I didn't try it on while sewing so after the work was over the top seemed to be a littler bigger for me than I got used to but that's not a problem, let it be loose. I only instead of 6.5 cm gathered the front collar for 3 cm because it didn't fit in the way I wanted at all.




Я його не міряла поки шила, тож зрештою топ здався мені трохи більший за розміром ніж я звикла, але це не проблема, нехай буде собі вільний. Єдине, я зібрала драпування коміру на передній частині на 3 см замість 6,5 оскільки воно геть не прилягало так як мені хотілося.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your countryside and needle art world. May you have a wonderful week!
    -Eva Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the wonderful comment! Have a nice week, too:-)

      Delete