About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

7 October 2018

Crocheted Maple Leaves

Yesterday I had pretty much house holding work that had been postponed for few weeks and in the evening, to compensate, to some degree, the absence of a nice autumn walk,  I was looking through tons of autumn decor ideas I have collected both in my computer and at different accounts on line. While spending the time in that way I remembered that the first and main for a long time activity after getting the Internet was searching of handmade patterns and mostly knitting and crocheting. At those times as soon as I saw and liked some trifle of the kind I tried to make it at once without any certain purpose just because it was funny, interesting and quick. Yesterday Saturday night deserved not only such memories, it also was worth tasting some of those patterns in stock. What else could I choose but crocheted autumn leaves? :-)


Кленове листя гачком


Вчора у мене було доволі багато хатньої роботи, яка відклалася декілька тижнів поспіль і ввечері, щоб, до певної міри, компенсувати відсутність гарної осінньої прогулянки, я переглядала незліченну кількість ідей для осіннього домашнього декору, які накопичилася як у мене в комп'ютері, так і на різних профілях в мережі. Проводячи таким чином час, мені згадалося, що перше і основне, чим я займалася доволі довго після підключення Інтернету був пошук схем та моделей рукотворів і переважно для плетіння гачком та на спицях. В ті часи, щойно побачивши та вподобавши якусь милу дрібничку, я одразу намагалася її втілити в життя без усілякої певної мети, а просто тому, що це було весело, просто і цікаво. Вчорашній суботній вечір заслуговував не лише на такі спогади, варто також було спробувати відтворити одну тих дрібниць з наявних зразків. І що ще, як не осіннє листячко плетене гачком, я могла обрати? :-)





On the claim about autumn maple leaves, the search system will give you many ideas but they are actually either the same or several interpretations of the same patterns so which of them to choose depends only on your idea of the maple leaf. My choice is this one from Yarnspirations. At first I made one leaf and used the remnants of  Magic Fine yarn the changing colours of which make a nice effect. Then I invented how to use the leaf and crocheted one more in olive colour but of different yarn.





На заявку щодо осіннього кленового листя, пошукова система надасть багато ідей, але майже всі вони або однакові, або варіації тих самих моделей, тому яку обрати залежить лише від твого уявлення про таке листя. Мій вибір цей зразок від Yarnspirations. Спочатку сплела один листок з залишків  Magic Fine yarn, чия зміна кольорів утворює гарний ефект. Потім вигадала для чого використати це листя і сплела ще один оливкового кольору, але з іншої пряжі.




In fact, it is the sample of Irish crochet but made of thick yarn. And from the got experience I must confess this kind of crochet is not my cup of tea. On the other hand,... life whispers gently "Never say never" again and again :-)
The right or desirable shape of the leaf you can get after blocking only.





Насправді це зразок ірландського плетіння тільки з товстої пряжі і з отриманого досвіду, мушу зізнатися, що таке плетіння, то не моє,... з іншого боку життя знову і знову лагідно шепоче "Ніколи не кажи ніколи" :-)
Правильну або бажану форму листа можна отримати лише після відпарювання.




The final size of the leaves I've got is pretty big. Nothing in common with delicacy of Irish filigree. But it is exactly what I want to the next project.
As we see, if there is no chance to enjoy the falling leaves outside, it is always possible to organise such event indoors:-)



Кінцевий розмір листя доволі великий. Нічого спільного з делікатної ірландською філігранню. Але це саме те, що мені потрібно для наступного проекту.
З усього видно, що якщо можливості насолодитися листопадом на вулиці не випадає, такий захід завжди можна організувати і вдома :-)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on such a wonderful fall motif.
    Happy Week!
    -Eva Maria

    ReplyDelete