About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

18 November 2018

Pinch Beads November Necklace


As it was mentioned in the previous post, the first item in this new set, named after November, was made a necklace. And, while chewing upon, it had to look in a different way... For example, the rivolis were supposed to be yellow, the pinch beads - blue and the pendant had to look much more similar Del Rio Trio pattern by Leslie Frazier from Beadwork, June/July 2012. But, at first, I collected the materials quite long as to buy pinch beads is pretty troublesome: they offer not much diversity of the colours here. Then I couldn't find the necessary sizes of rivolis of the same palette, actually, what I finally bought is 16 and 14 mm rivolis of the same colour and 12 mm rivoli is lighter (despite it was labelled as the same) so I could have chosen the three different including yellow at once as well :-) And the pendant from the magazine transferred into only a source of inspiration...

Намисто "Листопад" з намистинами гречка



Як вже згадувалося в попередньому дописі, першим в цьому наборі, названим на честь місяця листопада, було зроблене намисто. І, на стадії обмірковування, воно мало виглядати інакше... Наприклад, ріволі передбачувалися жовті, "гречка" - синьою, а кулон набагато більше схожим  на модель "Del Rio Trio" від  з "Beadwork", 6/7 2012 від Leslie Frazier. Але спочатку я довго збирала матеріали, оскільки купити намистини "гречка" важкувато: крамниці пропонують обмежене розмаїття кольорів. Потім не змогла підібрати необхідні розміри ріволі бажаної палітри, зрештою, купила 14 і 16 мм ріволі одного кольру, а 12 мм - світлішого (хоча в назві був той самий), тож могла з тим самим успіхом одразу купити три різного кольору включно із жовтим :-)  А кулон з журналу перетворився лише на джерело натхнення...




Right after the work started it turned out I had to invent the pendant's pattern almost entirely because instead of 6 mm fire polished beads I took 6x4 mm rondelles. So I bezelled the rivolis in this way.




Одразу з початком роботи з'ясувалося, що маю майже повністю вигадати новий спосіб обплетення ріволі, тому що замість 6 мм намистин fire polished я взяла ронделі 6х4 мм. Тож обплетала ріволі таким чином.





As the start went differently from the magazine's pattern the next steps became some kind of improvisation and experimenting, that's why I don't have detailed photos of the process - I didn't keep in mind taking them on time - only final outcome of every step. 

Beaded beads were made by the magazine pattern, I only added a row of 10/0 seed beads.





Оскільки початок роботи відрізнявся від журнального, подальші кроки стали певною імпровізацію та експериментуванням, тому у мене немає детальних фото процесу - я про них вчасно не згадувала - лише кінцевий результат кожного кроку.

Намистини сплетені за зразком з журналу, я лише додала ряд бісерин 10/0.





I've got a picturesque set and I am very glad that the work with pinch beads wasn't disappointing. I hope it will match the outfit it meant to even despite its other colour style:-)



У мене вийшов мальовничий набір і я задоволена, що робота з "гречкою" не стала розчаруванням. Сподіваюся, що він пасуватиме до вбрання, для якого призначений, навіть незважаючи на іншу кольорову гаму :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment