About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

28 July 2018

Sweetheart Neckline Dress, or Dreaming :-)


At last I feel relaxed... it is surely the best state when being on vacation... No hurry, no planning, no much thinking, no more pangs of remorse for being lazy and even no more sewing for awhile :-)
Instead I am ready for some dreaming. It often happens to me that I imagine the process itself much better than its content. I mean the dreaming for me means to lie on my back in the grass or on the bench in the yard, watch the clouds into the sky and guess what their shapes are. If at this moment you ask me what I am thinking about, hardly you hear any intelligible answer :-)
Ideal places for dreaming are also gardens and parks where you can wander slowly or open terraces of cafes, from which you can watch after passing by people.  Thoughts are also slow and lazy at these moments and again you cannot answer the question what is on your mind. Today was right such a day to dream. Me and my friend went to a cafe to enjoy the idleness but dreaming was cancelled as most of time, while having some dessert, we were watching after the darkening sky and gathering clouds and listening to the approaching thunderstorm and were trying to guess if we had enough time to get home before it started raining or it is better to stay where we were until the rain stopped... I must confess "misfortune was our lot" and both of us were caught by the rain while running homes :-)



Сукня з вирізом "сердечко", або Занурення у мрії




Нарешті почуваюся розслабленою... для відпустки це вже напевно найкращий стан... Жодного поспіху, жодних планувань та роздумів, жодних докорів сумління через лінощі і навіть ніякого шиття... поки що :-)
Натомість я готова трохи помріяти. Часто трапляється, що я краще уявляю сам процес ніж його зміст. Маю на увазі, що мріяти для мене - це лежати горілиць у траві або на лежаку на подвір'ї, спостерігати за хмарами і вгадувати що означають їхні силуети. Якщо в цей момент запитати, про що я думаю, навряд чи отримаєш якусь зрозумілу відповідь :-)
Ідеальні місця для мрій також сади і парки або відкриті тераси кафе, з яких можна спостерігати за людьми, що проходять повз.  Мислення також повільне і ліниве в цей час і важко відповісти, що у тебе на думці. Сьогодні якраз був гарний день щоб помріяти. Ми з подругою пішли до кафе побайдикувати, але занурення у мрії було скасоване, тому що ми переважно спостерігали за небом, яке бундючилося з кожною секундою від темних хмар та прислухалися до грому, який так само невідворотно наближався та гадали, чи встигнемо добігти додому поки дощ не почався чи краще перечекати його на місці... Маю зізнатися нам не пощастило і по дорозі додому нас обох застигла злива :-)






For such a dreamy mood the best outfit is a light blue dress made by the pattern #107 from Burda 5/2018. The issue was bought because of this dress and I am very glad with the my choice.



Для такого мрійливого настрою найкраще вбрання - світло-блакитна сукня пошита за моделлю 107 з Burda 5/2018. Число було куплене через цю сукню і я дуже задоволена своїм вибором.






This set of the jewelry was made specially for this dress and it matched :-)



Цей набір прикрас був зроблений спеціально до цієї сукні і він підійшов :-)













I changed nothing but refused from lining and processed all the neck hole with the facing.

Я нічого не міняла, лише відмовилася від підкладки і всю горловину обробила обшивкою.










To reinforce the slit's edges I used adhesive stripe. when pressing it to the fabric, the edges should be gathered a little. It will prevent the slit from much opening when wearing the dress.




Для зміцнення розрізу я використала клейову стрічку. Коли припрасовуєш її до тканини, краї розрізу варто трохи припосадити. Це, до певної міри, завадить їм розходитися під час носіння сукні.





The arm holes were processed with bias tapes.



Зрізи пройм оброблені косими смужками.





4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful dress! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It seems to be nice indeed :-))

      Delete
  2. Your dress looks great. Finishing it without the lining will make much cooler on hot days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, I agree, it was the main reason not to line the dress.

      Delete