About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

10 December 2018

Dark Blue Twin Set (Top)


Last Saturday was the day of not-happened things - no walk, no eating out, no socializing with some friend. Entire dullness and greyness of the weather (I do need at least a little sun!)... Once I told that such days end in the same way for me - with much hope, in the beginning, to have enough rest, the weekend is over with much regretting about wasted time. So it was good I had a cut twin set on my table to start and finish the work in two days. So the time was devoted to sewing the match for my nice tartan skirt.


Темно синя двійка  (топ)


Минула субота стала днем того, що не трапилося - жодних прогулянок, жодних ланчів поза домом, жодного спілкування з друзями. Цілковита сірість і нудьга від погоди (мені так потрібно хоч трохи сонця!)... Якось я вже розповідала, що такі дні завжди закінчуються для мене однаково: з великими сподіваннями на відпочинок на початку і великим жалем за змарнованим часом на закінчення вихідних. Тому добре було мати на моєму столі покроєну трикотажну двійку якраз на два дні роботи. Отже час було присвячено пошиттю пари для моєї гарної картатої спідниці.






The most outstanding feature of this top is that I could cut the twin set of 1.80 m x 150 cm of the fabric :-) The pattern of the top itself is #130 from an old issue Burda 11/2004, I like it slight fitting and short either sleeves or wings. I used to sew a skirt 122 from that issue, actually I still have it and maybe it will match the top as well. 

The jewellery was made especially for this outfit.






Найвидатнішою особливістю цього топа є той факт, що мені вдалося викроїти двійку з 1.80 м x 150 cm тканини :-) Модель самого топу №130 зі старого числа Burda 11/2004, мені подобається його легке прилягання і коротеньки чи то рукава чи то крильця. Я колись шила спідницю 122 з цього самого числа журналу, вона в мене і досі є, може навіть топ і пасуватиме до неї.

Набір прикрас був зроблений саме для цього вбрання.





The top was being made pretty quickly. A tiny tip as for the collar. As it is cut as a stripe of a fabric, it is worth steaming it to get the curve shape before stitching the short ends for the best fitting around the neck.



Топ ш'ється доволі швидко. Невеличка порада щодо коміра. Оскільки він кроїться як стрічка тканини, варто відпарити його перед стачуванням коротких кінців, щоб надати вигнути форму для кращого прилягання навколо шиї.





To process the armholes I just bend twice and stitched the seam allowance along them.




Щоб обробити зрізи пройм, просто підвернула припуск і настрочила подвійною підгинкою. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for another inspiration work. May you have a wonderful holiday and Happy New Year 2019!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments and interest:-) Merry Chrismas and Happy New Year to you, too!

      Delete