About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

20 September 2020

Tucked Dress, or Jazz & Vine

Despite my love to sewing (that explains all:-)) I often use different events, planned for participating, like a reason to make certain clothes as, generally, my wardrobe is full enough to find there whatever for any case. Mainly it happens I am not on time to make that clothes right by the event so must finish it later, when have the chance. For example, up to now I haven't made the dress meant to be worn at my two-years-ago birthday dinner:-) It is exactly the occasion with this outfit inspired by the intention to visit the outdoor jazz concert held a couple of weeks ago in the suburbs of my city. But this time I was much quicker and finished the work just in a week after the deadline :-) The concert took place near the pond surrounded by the vineyard. Before the concert the audience tasted local vines and barbecue dishes, there was also some contest activity connected with guessing the kinds of vines but only for those who wanted to be involved, of course. The atmosphere of that event were incredible and the enjoyment didn't depend on any clothes at all but nevertheless in my imagination this outfit would suit it the best. So let it be in my wardrobe as I know exactly that when there is a nice outfit, the occasion to put it on always happens or I can wear it just for the sake of good mood:-) 


Сукня з защипами, або Джаз і вино 



Незважаючи на мою любов до шиття (яка все і так пояснює:-)), різні, заплановані для відвідування, події я часто використовую як нагоду зробити якійсь певний одяг через те, що у мене в гардеробі його достатньо для будь якого випадку. Переважно я не встигаю зробити той одяг вчасно до такої події, тож закінчую пізніше, по можливості. Наприклад, я і досі не пошила сукню, яку збиралася одягнути на свій день народження два роки тому:-) Те саме відбулося і з цим вбранням, на пошиття якого мене надихнув намір відвідати джазовий концерт, який відбувся на околиці мого міста два тижні тому. Цього разу в мене вийшло трохи швидше: сукня була готова лише за тиждень після кінцевого терміну:-) Виступ проводили на березі ставка в оточенні виноградників, а перед концертом публіка мала змогу дегустувати місцеві вина та смакувати стравами барбекю. Також не обійшлося без конкурсної програми на вгадування видів вин, але, звісно, для тих хто хотів взяти в тому участь. Атмосфера події була неймовірна і задоволення абсолютно не залежало від жодного одягу, проте, в моїй уяві саме це вбрання підходило до всього того якнайкраще. Тож нехай залишається у шафі, адже точно знаю, якщо є гарна сукня, причина її одягнути завжди знайдеться, а можна її вигуляти і просто заради гарного настрою :-)



I wasn't obsessed with this dress #107 from Burda 8/2012 but I've always been interested in it and wanted to try. I even used to trace the pattern and that draft was enclosed in the magazine for many years until its size turned to be small for me. The used fabric is viscose staple, quite dense and heavy as for this kind of material and is good for both longer sleeves and not wide skirts. For size 42 the dress took 2.00 х 140 сm.






Від цієї моделі сукні 107 з Burda 8/2012 я не шаленіла, але вона мене завжди цікавила. У мене навіть колись була перезнята і вкладена в журнал викрійка, яка там і лежала аж допоки її розмір не став на мене малим. Використана тканина - віскозний штапель, доволі важкий і щільний як на цей вид матеріалу і годиться і для довших рукавів і для не широких спідниць. На сукню 42 розміру пішло 2.00 х 140 см.






The necklace Fun of Reusing.  






Намисто "Забава і користь".



The dress was made almost entirely by the instruction. The lines of the tuck were copied by the copying stitches. 




Сукню було пошито майже повністю за інструкцією. Лінії зашипів перенесені копіювальними стібками.

Details #3  and #4 are not stiff, are made without any reinforcing and just continue the bodice. The details were paired right side to the right side instead of right to wrong as the underneath detail was seen through the upper. 



Деталі 3 і 4 не жорсткі, зроблені без жодного зміцнювання і лише продовжують ліф. Ці деталі склала виворітною стороною до вивороту заміст виворіт до лиця, оскільки нижня частина просвічувала через верхню.




As I had no chance to sew all the whole dress at once and sewed a little every day during a week, at first I processed the neckhole not to let stretch and only then joined the bodice and skirt. 




Оскільки пошити всю сукню одразу змоги не було і я шила потроху щодня протягом тижня, спочатку обробила горловину, щоб не розтягувалася, а потім з'єднувала ліф і спідницю.


To press the skirt dart open the triangle piece of cardboard was used. 




Щоб розпрасувати виточку на передній частині спідниці, використала трикутний шматочок картону.


Instead of the piece of fabric to sew underneath of the front draping, a piece of trim can be used if there is anything matching (I had none:-))


Замість смужки тканини під
драпірування переду можна підкласти шматочок тасьми, якщо є щось гоже (у мене не було:-))









To keep the pleat of the sleeve on the spot I made  a short bar tack. 

The allowance for the zipper was reinforced to avoid stretching. 

The sleeve with elastic has no tight fitting so can be worn pulled up above the elbow (the way I did). 






Щоб складка рукавів залишалася на місці, зробила маленьку закріпку. 

Припуски на пришивання блискавки були зміцнені щоб не розтягнулися. 

Рукав зі вдягнутою гумкою облягає нещільно, тож можна носити його підтягнутим над ліктем (як я і робила).




8 comments:

  1. I'd sort of noted this dress, which is very flattering but forgotten it. The magazine is in my stash and the last couple of years there are lots of pretty woven rayons in the store - which wasn't the case when the pattern came out. Time to revisit it. (It is also on sale on the Russian Burda site for another couple of days 😃
    https://burdastyle.ru/vikroyki/platya/plate-burda-2012-8-107/).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree, these years the choice of alike fabric is just enormous :-) I always want to buy more :-) Maybe that is exactly the reason why I didn't sew this dress earlier- couldn't find the right fabric at the time of the magazine publishing.
      I have the magazine, too.
      When I want to buy a pattern, I use our Ukrainian source :-) https://burdastyle.ua/models/zhinocha-moda/sukni/suknya-iz-figurnym-vshyvnym-poyasom

      Delete
  2. Thankyou for link. I've switched to Russian Burda site since English one changed ownership. When they are on sale patterns are RU 99 (about AU$1.50). While full price only RU 200 (AU$3.00), compared with English site is US $6.99/pattern, your site is cheaper (~AU$2 50) than full RU price
    I upload the instruction file to this site which translates your documents without changing layout, for free. Follow the link in the upload box low on the page, and upload (you have to find your way through advertising links):
    https://www.onlinedoctranslator.com/translationform

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome 🙂 I am glad to be helpful. Maybe you paid attention, you can buy three patterns for the price of two on our site.

      Delete
  3. This is a beautiful dress! You look fabulous - a Romantic Queen ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellen!!! Your words made my day indeed! Can't remember when I was called "romantic" last time :-)

      Delete
  4. I have this mag/pattern already traced! Will most certainly make it. You always inspire me! This stype fits you so well! Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie! It is the greatest feedback and motivation to hear this. I'm sure your dress will be great and I'd love to see it!

      Delete