About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

14 October 2019

Colour Block Brioche Super Scarf



It is knitting time again and, despite the season is not over yet, I have already got a new scarf :-) It was not difficult to knit but took some time to make - two weeks. There was none source of inspiration for making it but wish to wrap oneself into something soft and cosy and rejoice in diversity of colours. As for the latter I have some consideration, though... I could never understand why when it is getting colder, the weather stops being pleasant and the nature loses colours, people prefer wearing dark clothes. Crowds of us, worn in black grey brown & Co look not lively. And surely observing that doesn't add cheerfulness to the daily routine. So, to some degree, this my project is my investment into the idea of painting the cold and gloomy winter world :-) On my Ravelry profile I have a pile of favourite models with the tag #technique. There are many of them which I've never tried but hope to do one day so this scarf became an excellent chance and practice to learn a new kind of knitting for me. I guess I can say I posess it now well enough:-) The outcome is quite awesome, isn't it? 


Шарф  у техніці бріош "Кольорові блоки"


Знову настав час плетіння, і хоча сезон ще не закінчився, у мене вже є новий шарф:-) Плести було не важко, але трохи часу зайняло - два тижні. Жодних джерел натхнення, крім бажання загорнутися у щось м'якеньке і затишне та порадувати себе розмаїттям кольорів, не було. Хоча, щодо останнього, у мене є деякі міркування... Ніколи не могла зрозуміти, чому, коли стає холодніше, погода припиняє бути приємною, а природа втрачає фарби, люди надають перевагу темним кольорам. Натовпи нас, одягнутих у чорне, темно-сіре, коричневе і таке подібне, не виглядають аж надто життєрадісно. І це вже напевно, не додає бадьорості  щоденній рутині. Тож, до певної міри, цей проект - мій вклад у розфарбовування холодного і похмурого світу зими :-) На сайті Ravelry у мене є купа вподобаних моделей з маркуванням #technique. Технік, яких я ніколи не пробувала, але сподіваюся хоч колись освоїти, там багатенько, тож цей шарф став ще і прекрасною нагодою навчитися плести і оволодіти новим для мене видом плетіння. Думаю, можна вважати, що попрактикувалася доволі добре:-) Результат чудовий, чи не так ?





The idea and the model was taken on Drops design site. The technique has at least two names: brioche and, more clear and known for me since childhood, English ribs. 



Ідею і модель було запозичено на Drops design site. Техніка має щонайменше дві назви: бріош і, більш зрозуміла і знайома мені з дитинства, англійскі реберця ("резинка"). 




I've never tried it before despite knowing about it since started knitting. So at first I had to learn. The tutorials for both kinds (mono and two-coloured) techniques can be found on the same page with the scarf pattern. I took big knitting needles and made a sample, cannot say it was perfect from the first try as well as from the second:-) 


Ніколи не пробувала її, хоча і знаю про неї з того часу, як почала плести. Тож спочатку довелося навчитися. Майстер класи для обох видів техніки (одно- і двокольорової) знаходяться на тій самій сторінці, що і модель. я взяла великі спиці і зробила зразок, не можу сказати, що він був досконалий з першого разу, так само як і з другого.






The scarf itself was knitted with knitting needles 4.5. While knitting I also find the own way to define the colour of the next row. At first, I tried to put off my work only when both threads were on the same side, then the advice to start with the colour different from the edge stitch worked indeed. But then I saw that the last row always has two one after another stitches of the same colour so the next one must be knitted with the other. 





Сам шарф сплетений на спицях № 4,5. Поки плела, також винайшла власний спосіб визначати колір наступного ряду. Спочатку намагалася відкладати роботу лише коли обидві нитки були з одного боку, тоді порада починати з кольору протилежного крайній петлі спрацьовувала. Але потім зрозуміла, що останній ряд має завжди дві підряд петлі одного кольору, тож наступний треба плести протилежним.


The size of my scarf is 2.85 m x 32 cm (if to stretch 38 cm). I also cannot but thank Eva Maria Keiser Designs who knows everything about colour combinations :-)




Розмір мого шарфу 2.85 м x 32 cм (якщо розтягнути - 38 см). Також не можу не подякувати Eva Maria Keiser Designs,  яка знає все про комбінування кольорів:-)

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful scarf!
    Greetings,
    -Eva Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ой, який же класний шарф! Так і хожеться в нього замотатися і гуляти годинами. Впевнена, що коли ти йдеш загорнена в нього, люди тобі посміхаються. До речі, я теж ніколи не пробувала бріош. Може спробувати, бо у мене зараз така пора плетіння, не можу зупинитись.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Звісно, спробувати, про що тут ще думати! Як на твою фігуру можна і светрика з таким візерунком зробити - є такі моделі - справжня мрія.

    ReplyDelete