About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

25 July 2023

Lavender Trip Dress

 


The joke confirming that lavender fields are needed only for photo sessions is not a joke at all:-) I thought about it when telling my mum about one day trip to Shlyakhove village in Kropyvnytskyi region to breathe with fresh air because there was nothing to tell about that but to share emotions and photos of me in almost all of them. Instead, I know exactly now what means relax tour and that was it. Despite knowing about heavy rain on the eve in the village where we were heading, all the travelling ladies got off the bus as a kind of landing of white trainers so the farmers cautiously provided us with medical bahils which couldn't be seen on the feet among the lavender jungles:-) However, nobody would pay attention to the absence of such service except the bus driver, who could probably had a heart attack caused by the possible mud brought to the bus, because that colourful feast of blooming and fragrant incense of lavender broke from reality and absorbed everybody entirely. It is also always incredible for me to get acquainted with the people who create such beauty with their hard work and enjoy what the do and that trip wasn't an exception!


Сукня "Лавандова мандрівка"


Жарт про те, що лавандові поля потрібні лише для фотосесій - ніякий не жарт:-) Я подумала про це, коли розповідала мамі про одноденну поїздку до села Шляхове на Кропивниччину подихати  свіжим повітрям, бо крім емоцій та фото, майже на кожному з яких я, розповідати та показувати не було що. Натомість, тепер я точно знаю, що таке релакс-тур, а саме це він і був. Навіть знаючи що напередодні випала злива і ми їдемо на село, всі панянки мандрівниці висадилися з автобусу у вигляді десанту білих кедів та кросівок, тож газди завбачливо забезпечили нас медичними бахилами, яких не могло бути видно на ногах серед  справжніх лавандових хащів :-) Проте, якби такого сервісу не було, ніхто б на це і уваги не звернув, крім водія автобусу (з яким би стався напад від можливої нанесеної у салон багнюки ), бо це кольорове свято  цвітіння і духмяних пахощів лаванди одразу відірвало від реальності і поглинуло всіх з головою. Неймовірне захоплення також у мене завжди викликають люди, які створюють красу важкою працею і при цьому обожнюють те, що роблять, і та поїздка виключенням не стала!


For the trip I made a dress using two Burda models, the bodice from pattern #6451B and the skirt from pattern #6520, the same skirt has model #121 from Burda 11/2012 (I used it when sewing my Morocco Night's Dream Dress. Actually, I was going to make the dress #6520 at first but it was hot on the week before the excursion that I did need to make something simpler to survive at 37 C above zero. I changed the neckhole, for the boat cut, widened it for 5 cm on the both sides. I also refused from any fastening, and pockets.




Для поїздки я пошила сукню скомбіновану з двох моделей Burda, верх викрійки 6451B і спідницю 6520, така саме спідниця у моделі 121 з Burda 11/2011 (колись використовувала її для пошиття своєї сукні "Сон марокканської ночі". Насправді я збиралася шити сукню 6520 повністю, але на тижні перед екскурсією було так спекотно, що мені до снаги було шити лише щось простіше щоб витримати +37. Змінила лінію горловини на виріз "човником", розширивши її на 5 см з обох сторін. Також не робила застібок  та кишень.










To make a dress took 3 m of thin very soft viscose, so the garment is very light despite plenty of the used fabric. The neckhole is processed with bias binding. When the dress was ready I decided to shorten the sleeves for 14 cm (10 cm sleeve itself + 4 cm hem allowance) to have better balance and proportion.



На сукню пішло 3 м тонкої м'якої віскози, тож, незважаючи на велику витрату тканини, сукня дуже легка. Горловину оброблено косою бейкою. Коли сукня була готова, я вирішила вкоротити рукава на 14 см (10 см сам рукав + 4 см припуск на підгинку), для кращого балансу та пропорцій.



Comfortable but nice garment always adds some pleasant zest to trips. To complete the outfit I wore my last made raffia hat and November earrings



Зручне але гарне вбрання завжди додає приємну родзинку до подорожі. На завершення образу надягнула нещодавно зроблений капелюшок з рафії та сережки "Листопад".


2 comments: