About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

28 August 2020

Golden Mean Necklace

 




The idea of this piece is very simple. Every time thinking over the design of a necklace, I cannot make up my mind at once if I want something delicate or something bulgy. Up to now none of my necklaces is really huge and fluffy as well as too tender and airy. So when I started this one, I was sure it would be very big as I was going to use a lot of materials. And I did but it, as always, isn't too large again. Probably it is my real style. My Golden mean :-) 



Намисто "Золота середина" 



Ідея цієї прикраси дуже проста. Щоразу, коли замислююсь над дизайном намиста, не можу одразу визначитися чи хочу щось делікатне чи масивне.  Досі жодне з моїх намист не було ані занадто громіздким і пишним, ані занадто тендітним і невагомим. Тож, коли починала роботу над цим, була впевнена, що воно буде дуже великим, оскільки збиралася використати багато матеріалів. І я так і зробила, але воно вийшло не занадто грубе, як і завжди. Можливо, це і є мій справжній стиль. Моя Золота середина :-) 





The necklace mostly made of Crystal Art beads which mostly are of lampwork kind. The beads are not expensive, rather versatile, well combined with metal findings and look good in the ready item. I had few packs of beads in yellow-orange colours but I preferred to have the necklace more yellow so sorted the beads. To string the beads I used 6 pieces of jewelry wire of the same length. The ready ropes are not exactly of the same length so almost all the beads are well-seen.  



Намисто виготовлено, головним чином, з намистин Crystal Art, які переважно зроблені в техніці lampwork. Вони недорогі, різноманітні, добре поєднуються з металевою фурнітурою і гарно виглядають у готовому виробі. У мене було декілька пакунків намистин у жовто-помаранчевих кольорах, але хотілося саме жовте намисто, тож я їх розсортувала. Для нанизування використала 6 відрізків ювелірного дроту. Готові низки не всі точно однакової довжини, тож більшість намистин добре видно.

2 comments: