About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

3 October 2019

Flared Trousers, or Universal Match

Light summer trousers are a necessary attribute of any wardrobe. Especially when it is the end of September, that is the very time to think about winter clothes:-) I have just noticed that a quite odd tradition was established in my sewing studio: all my summer trousers are being made in autumn. In fact, in the time when I don't need them at all. This autumn is not an exception. So why not? Let live the tradition :-) Except practical importance to keep oneself cool and comfortable in hot weather, such trousers always save us from one very annoying question. This question appears in the moment when you are putting on a new blouse/top/shirt and suddenly it turns out that it matches nothing in the wardrobe. Especially it annoys when is asked by anybody but yourself :-) It was exactly the situation after this blouse was sewed. To tell the true, by that moment I had had the piece of awesome light grey stretch cotton in my stash to make this kind of pants but I wasn't going to make them then. On the other hand, to sew whatever is always better than not to sew or postpone the process. And thus the trousers became the quick answer to my mom's question, "What are you going to pair this blouse with?" 




Штани-кльош, або Універсальний партнер



Легкі літні штани - необхідний атрибут будь якого гардеробу. Особливо коли на дворі кінець вересня і саме час подумати про зимовий одяг:-) Щойно помітила, що доволі дивна традиція встановилася в моїй майстерні: всі мої літні штани шиються восени. Фактично, коли вони мені геть непотрібні. Ця осінь - не виключення. Тож чому ні? Хай живе традиція :-) Крім практичної важливості почуватися комфортно та запобігати перегріванню у спеку, такі штани завжди рятують нас від одного дуже дошкульного питання. Це питання з'являється, коли ти вдягаєш нову блузку/топ/сорочку, милуєшся собою у дзеркалі і раптом з'ясовується, що блузка ні до чого в гардеробі не пасує. І надзвичайно це питання дратує, коли його задає хтось ще крім тебе :-) Саме так і трапилося після пошиття цієї блузки. По правді, у мене був у запасі відріз красивої світло сірої бавовни з еластаном на подібні штани, але я не збиралася робити їх зараз. З іншого боку, щось шити завжди краще ніж не шити чи відкладати. Ось так ці штани стали швидкою відповіддю на мамине питання: "З чим ти цю блузку одягатимеш?"









If the time of the trousers' sewing wasn't defined at once, the pattern was chosen as soon as I saw model #103 from Burda 9/2019. It is my favourite widening to the hem of the pants silhouette. As the fabric is thin, I made them one size bigger to avoid  much tightening. That's why they sit a little lower than waist. Maybe it wasn't the super idea but it is much better than to have all the not perfect curves too relief. 


Here the trousers are paired with an old T-shirt #105 from Burda7/2007, and much older blouse #120 from Burda 3/2001 and  Tubular Chenille Stitch and  Helix Spiral ropes.     






Якщо час пошиву штанів не був одразу визначений, фасон я обрала, щойно побачила модель 103 з Burda 9/2019. Це мій улюблений силует зі штанинами, що розширюються до низу. Оскільки тканина у мене тонка, пошила їх на розмір більше, щоб не обтягували те, що не треба. Тому вони сидять нижче талії. Може, це була і не суперідея, але так краще, ніж занадто підкреслені недосконалості фігури.  


Тут штани поєднано зі старою футболкою #105 з Burda7/2007 і з набагато старішою блузкою #120 з Burda 3/2001 та джгутами Tubular Chenille Stitch і Helix Spiral .



As I am not tall, I yet make the trousers longer for 10 cm. But I saved the width of the model. It would differ for about 2 cm overall but nevertheless, I decided not to widen them.



Оскільки я не висока, я все ж таки подовжила штани на 10 см. Але ширину залишила як для вкороченої моделі. Різниця була б десь 2 см, але все одно вирішила не розширювати.



The process of the sewing is usual. At first I always insert a zipper. It is just a habit that seems to be comfortable.




Процес пошиття звичайний. Спочатку завжди вшиваю "блискавку". Це лише звичка, яка видається зручною.




This time I even didn't ignore the shortening of the zipper :-) 




Цього разу я навіть не проігнорувала укорочення "блискавки":-)




The processing of the yoke that is the belt at the same time. 

As it is seen on the photo, I also stitched the arrows on the trousers (from the start of the sewing)





Обробка кокетки, яка водночас є поясом. 

Як видно на фото, я також застрочила стрілки на штанях (з самого початку роботи над пошиттям). 

No comments:

Post a Comment