About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

25 March 2020

Boring Melody Brooch



I surely need calm needle craft activity with quick result right now so I decided to devote some time to embroidered brooches which I had three more to make. On unknown reason among them I chose this square one. The authors of the kit called it Melody of Life and chose only black and white beads to express the idea. The work wasn't enjoyable: the brooch seemed to be so boring for me that the process was almost ready to stop. I thought the situation could be saved by adding more hues to that Melody, for example, gold and silver. In this way the Melody plays much better for me :-) 

Брошка "Нудна мелодія"


Відчуваю зараз потребу зануритися у якийсь спокійний вид рукотворів зі швидким результатом тож вирішила присвятити трохи часу вишиванню брошок, яких у мене було ще три у запасі. З невідомої причини серед них обрала цю квадратну. Автори набору назвали її "Мелодія життя" і виразили ідею лише намисинами білого та чорного кольорів. Робота не клеїлася: брошка здалася мені такою нудною, що процес майже зупинився. Я подумала, що ситуацію можна врятувати додаванням різних віддтінків до тієї "Мелодії...", наприклад, золотого та срібного.  Як на мене, так "Мелодія..." звучить набагато краще :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment