About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

27 March 2020

Umbrella Brooch




This is the ninth brooch kit from Charivna Myt I used and, unfortunately, it has became the biggest disappointment. Despite I did like the idea and design and even the colour style of the brooch (and I am not a great fan of black!) the quality of the materials made me upset. It is not the first time it happened but the very first time when I couldn't improve the situation although after looking through the kit I assured myself of my ability to make a nice piece of it anyway. The outcome, generally, is not bad, it just doesn't correspond the expectations and all the time while I was working on the item  I was pondering the positive side of the medal to justify my wrong choice :-) 


Брошка "Парасолька" 



Це дев'ятий набір для виготовлення брошок від "Чарівної Миті" з тих, які я вже використала і, на жаль, він став найбільшим розчаруванням. Хоча мені справді сподобалася і ідея і дизайн і навіть кольорова гама (а я ж не велика прихильниця чорного!), якість матеріалів мене засмутила. Це не перший раз, коли я це кажу, але самий перший, коли я не змогла виправити ситуацію хоча, переглянувши набір, запевнила себе, що в за будь що здатна створити з нього гарненьку річ. Результат, в цілому не такий і поганий, але він просто не відповідає очікуванням і весь час, поки працювала, я обмірковувала позитивний бік медалі, щоб виправдати свій поганий вибір:-) 




So, the materials. I got so called Set 2, maybe this is the reason why drops here are black instead of the transparent and the ovals are transparent instead of black. The most unpleasant, and it spoiled all the work, is that all of the black drops are scratched essentially on both sides so much that I had to invent the story the umbrella is beaten by hail during the storm. I also changed few black bugles for silver ones and embroidered empty spaces with dark blue cut beads for some delicate shine.. 


The brooch is quite big and heavy,  it will match a coat or a thick jacket.



Отже матеріали. Я отримала "Збірку 2", можливо через це краплі тут чорні замість прозорих, а овали прозорі замість чорних. Найбільш неприємним, що і зіпсувало всю роботу, виявилося те, що всі чорні краплі настільки пошкрябані з обох боків, що мені довелося вигадати історію наче парасольку побило градом під час шторму. Також я замінила декілька чорних бісерин стеклярусу на срібні, а для делікатного блиску пусті місця зашила темно синьою рубкою. 


Брошка доволі велика і важка, пасуватиме до пальта чи товстого жакету.

No comments:

Post a Comment