About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

23 July 2021

V-neck Sleeveless Dress, or Albanian Jeep Safari




This year I was lucky to make a few new garments not only as the result of inspiration after (it will, probably, happen, too:-)) but as a preparation before my sea vacation. I also was absolutely happy with the choice of country for having a rest. I visited Albania, the country about which I only knew that I knew nothing, and it was an awesome feeling to discover the place and open myself to new emotions, and new experiences as well :-) For example, one of the days was devoted to a quite popular touristic fun there, a jeep safari along Albanian Riviera. I forgot how many kilometers we went but the trip was diverse and cordial, generally, as any other day of the kind. Serpentines and spirals of Albanian roads are for skilled drivers and for patient passengers who are able to see all along and around from the cars. The stops only encourage the curiosity and wish to go on to see what is next. Locals love their country a lot and share willingly their love with us. Breathtaking views to the valleys and coastline, marvelously survived ancient churches and fortresses, delicious food, and, of course, unbelievable sea, deep, clean, and incredibly cyan - all these are Albania and represent the country although subjectively but in the best way :-) 




 




Сукня без рукавів з вирізом мисом, або Албанське джип сафарі 




Цього року мені пощастило зробити декілька нових суконь не лише як результат натхнення після (таке, можливо, теж буде:-)), але як і підготовку до моїх морських канікул:-) Також мені надзвичайно пощастило з вибором країни для відпочинку. Я відвідала Албанію, країну, про яку знала лише те, що нічого не знала і це було незабутнє відчуття відкриття нового місця і розкриття себе для нових емоцій і, звісно ж, для нового досвіду:-) Один з днів, наприклад, був присвячений доволі популярній там туристський розвазі: джип-сафарі уздовж албанської рив'єри. Забула, скільки ми проїхали кілометрів, але подорож була різноманітною і сердечною, назагал, як і всі подібні дні. Серпантини та спіралі албанських доріг лише для досвідчених водіїв та для терплячих пасажирів, які можуть бачити все вздовж та навколо з автомобіля. Зупинки лише заохочують цікавість та бажання продовжувати, щоб дізнатися, що ж буде далі. Місцеві дуже люблять свою країну і охоче діляться своєю любов'ю з нами. Захоплюючи краєвиди  долин та узбережжя, дивом врятовані церкви та фортеці, смачна їжа і, звісно, неймовірне море: глибоке, чисте, запаморочливо блакитного кольору - все це і є Албанія і представляє країну, хоча і суб'єктивно, але якнайкраще:-) 



During the trip, I was wearing my new dress made with the PDF pattern Burda # 6497A. A very worthy pattern indeed. While sewing I asked myself why to look for any other models instead to sew ten dresses by this pattern in different colours and it would be an ideal summer wardrobe:-) Simple and quick to sew, having a great fitting dress but with a wide well draping comfortable skirt. I also wore earrings In Search of Red Flower





Під час мандрівки я була одягнута в нову сукню, зроблену за PDF викрійкою Burda 6497А. Модель справді варта уваги. Поки шила, питала себе, навіщо мучитися з пошуком якихось інших моделей, якщо можна нашити десять суконь різних кольорів за цією і це був би ідеальний літній гардероб:-) Проста і швидка в пошитті, з чудовим приляганням сукня, але з широкою комфортною спідницею, яка гарно драпірується. До сукні надягала сережки "У пошуках червоної квітки"




In the way I cut the dress, it took 2.05 m x 144 cm of viscose. It is possible if the fabric has no print pattern direction. 






Так як я кроїла, у мене пішло 2, 05 м х 144 см віскози. Це можливо, якщо тканина не має виразного напрямку візерунку.




The facing isn't stitched in the centre before joining the front neckhole. 




Обшивка не зшивається по центру до з'єднання з передньою частиною. 




The bias tape is made of short parts. 





Коса бейка зшита з коротких відрізків. 





Before stitching the hem must be evened as in Daisy Dress




Перед підшиванням низ треба вирівняти як в Ромашковій сукні



It was a happy day and the dress was in tune with it:-) 


Це був щасливий день і сукня була з ним на одній хвилі:-)

2 comments:

  1. What à beautiful dress! The color is amazing! Lucky you to have such Great time in Albania!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Julie, for the nice words!

      Delete