About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

19 July 2021

Peplum Sequin Top

 


The previous winter I and my cousin dropped in a popular Lviv Chocolate Shop which has one of their cafes in our city, too. Their feature is to sell not only coffee and chocolate but also books and one of them I bought then. It was  Elizabeth Gilbert's City of Girls. The novel mostly drew my attention as it tells about a seamstress :-) I read it immediately and, while reading the descriptions of the characters' outfits, couldn't help wanting something shining and sparkling for myself. Thus the piece of sequin fabric appeared in my stash. As the only condition was to have this piece of glamour practical, I decided to use it for a blouse which is easier to pair with other things and find a reason to wear :-) 



Топ з баскою з тканини з пайєтками 



Позаминулої зими ми з сестрою зазирнули до Львівської майстерні шоколаду, що у нас на Адміральській. Вони продають не лише каву та шоколад, але і книжки. Одну з них я тоді купила. Це було "Місто дівчат" Елізабет Гілберт. Увагу мою роман привернув тим, що розповідає про кравчиню:-) Я його одразу ж прочитала, а поки читала описи вбрання героїнь, не могла позбутися бажання пошити і собі щось блискуче і сяюче. Ось так опинився в моїх запасах відріз трикотажу з пайєтками. Оскільки єдиною умовою було мати цей шматочок гламуру практичним, вирішила пошити з нього блузку, для якої простіше і речі до пари підібрати і нагоду одягнути знайти :-) 


The reason for sewing and wearing the top happened last Saturday when my friend suggested to go to the Disco 90s party?! My first question was how to dance when it is 35 degrees above zero outdoors but she replied we would survive because the party would be at the river in the evening. Then I thought if I refused, I would never make this blouse so agreed:-) The PDF pattern #6516 from Burda was chosen long ago, I already used it to make Linen Jumpsuit last summer. 

Spring Mambo bracelet and Spring Blossoming earrings  match the top well. Other options are possible:-)






Нагода пошити та одягнути блузку трапилася минулої суботи, коли моя подруга запропонувала піти на вечірку Диско 90ті?! Моє перше питання було як танцювати, коли на вулиці +35, але вона відповіла, що ми виживемо, тому що це буде вечір над рікою. Тоді я подумала, що якщо відмовлюся, ніколи цей топ не пошию, тож зголосилася:-) Викрійку PDF Burda 6516 було обрано давно, я нею вже користувалася для пошиття лляного комбінезону минулого літа. 

Браслет "Весняний Мамбо" і сережки "Весняне цвітіння" добре підійшли до топу, інший вибір можливий:-)


Somewhere very deep inside my intuition wasn't sleeping and gave me a sign not to use this fabric for sewing this pattern and, instead, make a simple top of two squares, but it was too hot to think about general process of the sewing so I decided to do what had been settled before. 



Десь дуже глибоко всередині моя інтуїція не спала і подавала мені знак не шити цю модель з цієї тканини, а натомість зробити простий топ з двох прямокутників, але було надто спекотно, щоб думати про загальну картину пошиття, тож вирішила робити те, що запланувала. 




What's the matter? At first I couldn't match the needle to stitch, neither stretch nor other thin needles could pierce the sequins, only #100 managed. As all of the blouse's edges are either sloping or curvy I even didn't want to think over the idea to tear off all the sequins in the seams. I used to make that but the fabric was different and it was not too troublesome just time consuming. This fabric is different that's why the straight lines would be the best as I could stitch the pieces along the sequins not harming them and to hem the top easily. But I had what I had... After joining all the parts together, I had to think about hemming the peplum and sleeves. I did what any of us does when we have runs in tights. I nailed all the edges to prevent the knits from unpicking. Thus I have all the edges neat without broken sequins. The blouse looks and feels light and comfortable. 

У чому ж проблема. Спочатку не могла добрати голку, щоб пробивала пайєтку. Ані стречові, ані інші тонкі голки не підходили, лише №100. Оскільки всі краї моделі або округлені або нахилені я навіть і думати не хотіла про те, щоб повідривати у швах пайєтки. Колись я таке робила, це не було складно, лише забрало багато часу, але тканина була інша. Тому я і кажу, що краще були б прямі лінії, уздовж яких я могла б строчити не пошкодивши пайєток. Але маємо, що маємо... Після того, як з'єднала всі деталі, постало питання підшивання рукавів і баски. Я зробила те, що всі ми робимо, коли у нас стрілка на колготах. Промазала лаком для нігтів всі краї, щоб трикотаж не розпустився. Так у мене вийшли охайні краї, пайєтки залишилися цілі, а блузка виглядає легкою і комфортною. 




What else the person needs to remember old good times despite, in fact, they were very hard and I have no wish to come back there. Buy the way, people, who organized the Disco Party, knew not much about that time so the music was awful and we left early but I have a blouse:-) 


Що ще потрібно, щоб згадати старі добрі часи, які насправді були дуже важкими, і у мене немає жодного бажання туди повертатися. До речі, ті, хто ту вечірку організовував, не так вже і добре знаються на тих часах, музика була жахлива і ми пішли рано, але у мене є блузка:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment