About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

26 July 2021

Long Trapezium Dress, or Resort Mood

 

This post writing reminded me puzzle solving. I seemed to have all the necessary things to do that including the idea, photos, the subject to tell, a new favourite resort dress and even prepared collages to represent the place where I lived during  Albanian vacation. But I couldn't stick all those pieces together in a harmonic story until today's morning when I wore this dress and went shopping. On my way home the puzzle was solved :-) I thought that all resort places, at least the Mediterranean ones I visited, look more or less alike. Of course, some of them are better developed, some are neater, some has distinctive features we remember and thus add them to the own range of associations but nevertheless they have more in common than differences. Our feelings in such places are about the same as well. This dress as if preserved them for me. In the morning, while wearing it, I felt just as though I was in one of those splendid destinations and I understood it buying bread, eggs and a bottle of white vine in my usual grocery store:-) 


The earrings could be put on almost any but pink:-) I have Golden Mean pair on. 


Довга сукня силуету трапеція, 
або 
Курортний настрій

Написання цього допису нагадало мені складання пазлу. Здавалося, все необхідне, щоб це зробити, у мене було: ідея, тема, фото, що розповідати, нова улюблена курортна сукня і, навіть, колажі, готові показати місце де я жила на албанських канікулах. Але все це разом ніяк не ліпилося в гармонійну історію, аж допоки сьогодні вранці я не одягнула цю сукню і не пішла до крамниці. І коли поверталася додому, пазл таки склався:-) Я подумала, що всі курортні містечка, принаймні ті Середземноморські які я відвідала, виглядають більш менш схожими. Звісно, деякі з них краще розвинуті, деякі охайніші, деякі мають якісь особливі риси, які ми запам'ятовуємо і так додаємо до власного ряду асоціацій, але, попри те, спільного у них більше ніж відмінностей. І відчуття  наші так само схожі в таких місцях. Ця сукня як наче законсервувала їх для мене. Поки була в неї одягнена, я почувалася наче в одному з тих чудових містечок і зрозуміла це, купуючи яйця, хліб і пляшку білого вина в моїй звичайній крамниці:-) 


Cережки можна надягнути майже будь які, крім рожевих:-) На мені пара "Золота середина".










Sometimes it happens to be lucky enough to have a piece of fabric so big that when you think about the pattern to sew, you mostly focus on the patterns you would never make :-) To create something, I had 2.90 m x 144 cm of viscose, reminds very thin rep fabric so it is dense but not stiff and drapes well. As I had so long piece, I thought the ideal would be bias cut but simple shape as the print consists of large motifs. Thus I chose PDF pattern Burda # 6628A. 









Іноді  так щастить, що до рук потрапляє настільки великий відріз тканини, що коли обмірковуєш модель для пошиття, зосереджуєшся на тих, які ніколи б не пошила:-) Щоб щось створити, у мене було 2,90 х 144 см віскози, тканина нагадує тонкий репс тож вона щільна, але не жорстка і добре драпірується. Оскільки відріз довгий, подумала що ідеально було б покроїти щось навскіс, але простої форми - адже візерунок складається з великих мотивів. Так і обрала PDF викрійку Burda 6628А. 






The dress cut without centre seams. I also widened the model to the bottom along the centre and side lines for about 6-8 cm. Here I must say the dress was too long for me, I had to  shorten it for about 6 cm and then hemmed. So the width along the bottom could be more. However, I don't recommend to widen the pattern right from underarms and on the part of back slit not to break the silhouette.






Сукню покроєно без центральних швів, також я розширила модель по центральному і бокових лініях до низу на 6-8 см. Тут маю сказати, що сукня була задовга на мене, я її вкоротила десь на 6 см і потім підшила, тож розширення могло бути і більше. Проте, не рекомендую розширювати від самих пахв та на ділянці розрізу спинки, щоб не зруйнувати силует. 




Big motifs made me think about their "framing":-) So I found a piece of yellow cotton, any other colour would be as good but pink again :-) and cut the facings about 5 cm width to have them 3 cm when they are ready.  





Великі мотиви примусили мене подумати про їхнє "обрамлення":-)Тож знайшла шматочок жовтої бавовни, знову ж таки, будь який колір підійшов крім рожевого:-) і вирізала з нього обшивки завширшки десь 5 см, щоб в готовому вигляді були 3см.



Then they were reinforced and stitched to the wrong side of the dress. The slit on the back is about 0.4 cm wide. Then turn to the right side and baste off (I don't know if this term correct, I mean firming the edge with basting). 

After trying on the dress, the darts had to be deepened and lengthened. I guess because of   my widening the pattern.




Потім їх зміцнила і настрочила на зворотну сторону сукні. Щілина на спинці 0.4 см завширшки. Потім вивертаємо на лицеву сторону і виметуємо. 

Після примірки виточки довелося поглибити і подовжити, думаю через мої розширення моделі.



Then it is better to hem the facings and only then stitch them to the dress. At least I made so, it provided their neat curve edges.





Потім краще спочатку підшити обшивки, а вже потім пришити їх до сукні. Принаймні я зробила так, це забезпечило їм охайні округлі краї. 


So where the dress is, there the resort is:-) 

Тож, там де сукня - там і курорт:-)

2 comments: