About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

20 December 2021

Titmouse Brooch


If to dig very deep into  our Ukrainian mythology, one can learn that the calendar of winter holidays starts here on December 4 but I have no idea if anybody really keeps the ancient tradition. So mostly we start celebrations from St. Nicholas day, December 19, when in the morning kids of all ages find presents from the saint under their pillows. I still come upon, too, a couple of oranges but in my boots mainly:-) This year I also decided I want my Christmas tree earlier and invited my cousin with her family to decorate and celebrate. The time passed quickly and pleasantly. For my cousin I prepared a small present, this Titmouse Brooch made by a kit from  Charivna Myt. 


Брошка "Синичка" 



Якщо глибоко копатися в нашій український міфології, то можна дізнатися, що календар зимових свят тут починається 4 грудня, але насправді я не маю жодного уявлення чи хтось дотримується такої стародавньої традиції. Тож переважно ми починаємо святкування з дня Св. Миколая, 19 грудня, коли вранці діти будь якого віку знаходять під подушкою дарунки від святого. Я теж все ще відшукую пару апельсинів, але, здебільшого, в чоботах:-) Крім того, цього року я вирішила, що хочу раніше встановити ялинку і запросила мою сестру з родиною прикрашати і святкувати. Час минув швидко і приємно. Для сестри я приготувала маленький подарунок, цю брошку "Синичка", зроблену з набору від "Чарівної миті". 


There is no much to tell about the process of work as I just followed the chart which is included into the kit. There is only one note: two  kinds of materials were entangled but that wasn't a problem. I enjoyed both the process of making and the outcome. 



Про процес виготовлення особливо немає чого розповідати, все робила за схемою. Єдине зауваження: два види матеріалів були переплутані, але це не стало проблемою. Мені сподобався і процес роботи і результат.

No comments:

Post a Comment