About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

5 March 2023

Mom's Home Wear Skirt & Heart Pillowcase




One day last week I glanced at my sewing table and realized that the details of a new sweater had already been waiting for my skilled hands for two months. Then the idea that I would not sew anymore occurred. It was not the very first time when this kind of thoughts crossed my mind but, as a rule, they mostly had frightened me before. This time I stayed indifferent to such a possibility until my eye caught the pile of my fabrics which I had stacked recently so neatly. Probably my ego of a tailor revolted against the perspective to waste my good intentions as I ignored my rule not to start a new project until the current is finished, cleared the table and arranged a piece of striped jersey on it to make a skirt for my mom to wear at home. It is a very simple item made without a paper pattern. I was persistent enough to refresh my knowledge of design and drafted the skirt right on the fabric. Simple sewing took a couple of hours and proved persuasively that the future of my fabric stash is  not as hopeless as it could have seemed :-) 



Домашня спідниця для мами та наволочка-cердечко 



Одного дня на минулому тижні глянула я на свій стіл в майстерні і усвідомила, що деталі нового светрика чекають на мої вмілі руки вже два місяці. А потім мені спало на думку, що я вже більше ніколи не шитиму. Такі думки не вперше сягали мого розуму, але раніше вони мене, як правило, переважно лякали. Цього разу така можливість залишала мені байдужою поки очі мої не зачепилися за нагромадження тканин, які  я нещодавно дуже охайно склала в рівненьку стопочку. Мабуть моє кравецьке его повстало проти перспективи руйнування моїх гарних намірів, оскільки я порушила своє правило не починати новий проект поки не закінчу старий, звільнила стіл і розклала на ньому відріз трикотажу щоб пошити мамі домашню спідницю. Це дуже проста річ пошита без викрійки. Я була достатньо наполегливою, щоб трохи освіжити свої знання з моделювання і накреслила спідницю прямо на тканині. На швидке пошиття пішла пара годин, переконливо довівши, що майбутнє моїх запасів тканин не таке безнадійне яким могло здаватися :-) 


The skirt made just of two pieces cut by the given draft. The tunnel for the elastic is cut as one piece with a front and back. The skirt is lined with a nice viscose lining. 




Спідницю пошити лише з двох частин. Припуск на кулісу для резинки покроєний разом з деталями переду та спинки. Спідницю посадила на гарну підкладку з віскози. 





There left a piece of cloth  from the sewing so I made a pillowcase for a small pillow. 





З пошиття залишився невеликий шматок тканини, тож зробила наволочку для маленької подушки.

No comments:

Post a Comment