About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

19 March 2023

Green Jersey Top

While matching the companion fabrics to make Kimono Sleeve Dress  two years ago, I got few green pieces in my stash without any intentions to have them as I am not a big fan of this palette despite right hues of any colours are welcome in my wardrobe. But unexpectedly three of those pieces turned to have been used by this moment. For example, one and a half meter of bright dense jersey from that mini fabric haul matched the pattern #101 from Burda 10/2022. I cut it the next day I finished this skirt but have sewed only this week. 

The chosen accessories are Grapes brooch from the previous post and Moon Lantern earrings.


Зелений трикотажний топ 


Поки підбирала тканини компаньйони  для пошиття Сукні з рукавами кімоно два роки тому, у мене в запасі, без жодних намірів їх мати, виявилося декілька зелених відрізів, адже я не великий прихильник такої палітри, хоча правильні відтінки будь якого кольору вітаються в моєму гардеробі. Проте несподівано на сьогоднішній момент три відрізи з того міні стосу вже використані. Наприклад, півтори метри яскравого щільного джерсі згодилися для пошиття топу за моделлю 101 з Burda 10/2022. Покроїла його наступного дня як закінчила цю спідницю, але зробила лише цього тижня. 

Обрані аксесуари брошка "Виноград" з попереднього допису і сережки "Місячний ліхтарик".




By the way, I don't know how to describe the colour of the top (closer to shamrock maybe) but none of the photos reflects it at least approximately properly. 




До речі, не знаю як описати колір цього топу (ближче до трилисника, мабуть), але жодне фото не відображає його хоча б приблизно точно.





The model's features are the collar and the long sleeve with a mitt end. In fact, when the collar is ready and the zipper is inserted, the rest of the sewing is quick and has nothing different from any other  top making procedure. I only would recommend to try on the right length of the slit for a thumb before stitching as it can be more individual than in the pattern.






Особливі деталі моделі - це комір і довгий рукав з мітенкою на кінці. Насправді коли комір оброблений і блискавка вшита, решта обробки не відрізняється від  процедури виготовлення будь якого іншого топу. Я б лише рекомендувала поміряти правильне місце для розрізу для пальця, оскільки це може бути індивідуальним.



I liked the pattern, of course, otherwise I wouldn't have made it but I have doubts I'll be wearing this sweater. I don't feel comfortable in the shoulders area what is quite surprising for jersey clothes, maybe because my bust is too big for this pattern to make it without darts. 



Авжеж, модель мені сподобалася, інакше я б її не пошила, але маю сумніви чи буду я цей светрик носити. Він мені некомфортний в районі плечей, що для трикотажу доволі дивно, можливо тому, що у мене завеликий бюст для цієї моделі, щоб шити її без виточок.

No comments:

Post a Comment