About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

3 February 2024

Dolphins Brooch

So, are you ready for sea voyage? I am. Actually, it means that being overwhelmed with memories and emotions, I yielded the temptation and bought a few brooch kits from Charivna Myt again. And more than that, one of them is already ready although they've been delivered only this week. This time it's so gorgeous, chic, and sparkling that deserves to be defined not just plain Dolphins but Baroque Style Dolphins  :-) 



Брошка "Дельфіни" 


Ну що, готові до морської подорожі? Я точно готова, хоча насправді це лише означає, що переповнена спогадами та емоціями, я поступилася спокусі та знову купила декілька наборів для виготовлення брошок від "Чарівної миті". Більш того, одна з них вже готова, хоча доставка була лише цього тижня. Цього разу вона така яскрава, сяюча і чарівна, що одразу видно, що не просто якісь звичайні "Дельфіни", а "Дельфіни в стилі бароко" :-) 


Embroidering the brooch took me two evenings and today the full compiling, which usually takes no more than about an hour, took half a day. I guess it because the beading of the edges happened to be troublesome. As it clear from the photos both of the outlines, inner and outer, are quite winding and, probably, I had to cut less inside to make the process easier. On the other hand, as it is it looks better.



На вишивання брошки пішло два вечори, а сьогодні, щоб все зібрати до купи, витратила ще пів дня, хоча зазвичай на це іде плюс-мінус година. Думаю тому, що обшивка країв була проблематична: як видно з фото обидва контури, і зовнішній і внутрішній,  доволі звивисті і, мабуть, щоб полегшити собі роботу, варто було менше вирізати всередині, хоча так як є виглядає краще. 

No comments:

Post a Comment