About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

25 January 2024

Enchanting Fairy Tale Earrings



I haven't had the feeling I'm making magic when beading for a long time, and these earrings really making me think about Enchanting Fairy Tales on winter nights. They are ornate and mesmerising. So many epithets in one post are not often can be heard from me and it proves I'm enjoying  the outcome absolutely.  

The earrings are made by Sari Pendant pattern from Jayashree Paramesh, Beadwork  October/November 2012. 



Сережки "Чарівна казка"


У мене вже давно не було відчуття, що творю якусь магію, коли щось плету, а ці сережки справді навіюють думки про чарівні казки зимової ночі. Вони багато прикрашені та гіпнотичні. Стільки епітетів в одному дописі від мене чуєш нечасто, тож, безумовно, я в захваті від цієї  роботи. 

Сережки виготовлені за зразком "Sari Pendant" від Jayashree Paramesh, з Beadwork  October/November 2012.


As it's clear from the pattern's name, the earrings are just a shortened version of the pendant which I had never intended to bead as it seemed too pretentious and not relevant to every day use (it sounds ridiculous really, when it stopped me?:-)). Besides, together with the earrings, the set would require too many expensive 3 mm bicones. But after finishing the work, I wanted to make it at once no matter how many chances to wear that pendant I would have.  However,  as only the materials I had were used, and the central rivolis were bought few years ago specially for this pair, it hardly ever happens. On the other hand, who knows... :-) 




Як очевидно з назви моделі, сережки - це лише скорочена версія кулону, який я ніколи не збиралася плести, тому що він мені видавався занадто претензійним і недоречним для щоденного вжитку (звучить смішно справді, коли мене це зупиняло? :-)). До того ж, разом з сережками, набір потребував би багато дорогих біконусів 3 мм. Але закінчивши роботу я одразу захотіла сплести той кулон безвідносно кількості нагод його надягнути. Проте, оскільки використані лише ті матеріали які у мене були, а центральні ріволі купувалися спеціально для цих сережок декілька років тому, навряд чи це колись трапиться. З іншого боку, хто зна... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment