About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

19 January 2016

Trousers, or To Sew or not to Sew Is not the Question :-)


Festive time in Ukraine is not the best to sew fitting clothes. And it is better not to do that indeed. Despite the deep and firm belief that a couple of extra pounds doesn't make anybody a worse person there is one more even deeper persuasion that these pounds can make us less attractive. Besides, in my head I have a counter that converts all the extra pounds into the extra metres of fabric necessary for sewing clothes if the size gets bigger. And much more panic is provoked by the question how I'll be able to squeeze myself into all those dresses which had to be made two sizes more at once instead of accenting the figure, that can't be preserve anyway. I only wonder why having such ideas on the mind it never occurred just to eat less delicious festive food and move more... OK, let it be complex, so what? I guess when the person has only "first-rate... face, clothes, soul and thoughts" he risks to become tedious...:-)
And suddenly it turns out the common sense can fall asleep very deep. You are looking through Burda 11/2015 and see so... so fitting trousers #107, that the counter in the head breaks and the last thing you have on your mind is those extra pounds. Then your city finds itself snowbound, you cannot leave the house and recall that you have four! meters of the herringbone suiting fabric and it is enough to sew three pairs of such trousers of different sizes. And this last idea breaks the camel's back and wins all the complex's thoughts. And it means, sew!:-))



Штанці, або Шити чи не шити - не питання :-)



Новорічно-різдвяне коло свят - не найкращий час шити прилягаючи речі. І насправді краще цього і не робити, бо незважаючи на наше щире і глибоке переконання в тому, що зайві кілограми не роблять нас поганою людиною, ще глибше у нас є ще твердіше переконання, що ця пара кілограмів може зробити нас менш привабливими. Крім того, у мене в голові стоїть такий лічильник, який всі додаткові кілограми конвертує у додаткові сантиметри тканини потрібні для пошиття одягу, якщо збільшується розмір. А ще більшу паніку викликає питання, як я влізу в оті всі сукні, які треба було одразу робити на два розміри більшими, а не підкреслювати якусь там фігуру, яку все одно не зберегти. При всьому цьому чомусь ніколи не спадає на думку просто менше їсти різних святкових смаколиків та більше рухатись... Ну і нехай це комплекс, адже коли у людини лише гарні "и лицо и одежда и душа и мысли" та жодних комплексів, вона ризикує стати нудною...:-)
І тут виявляється, що у здорового глузду буває доволі міцний сон. Тому що ти заглядаєш в Burda 11/2015  і бачиш такі ... ну, такі облягаючи брюки №107, що лічильник в голові ламається і останнє, про що ти думаєш, то пара зайвих кілограмів. Потім твоє місто раптом завалює снігом, ти не можеш вийти з дому, і згадуєш, що є у тебе чотири! метри костюмної тканини "ялинкою", з якої можна пошити хоч троє таких штанів і при тому різних розмірів і цей останній аргумент перемагає всі закомплексовані думки. Тобто, шити!:-))



There is nothing special in the work with the pants and I am not an expert in sewing such clothes. But maybe some details and pictures from my experience will be useful for you. As it was mentioned, there was a snow storm so I only could use the materials I had at home at the moment. And  it mainly concerned the zipper. I had it 18 cm only and it is also light. In such a situation I had to chose the way of the fastening at once. There were at least three variants. The easiest - to refuse from the design and make a buttonhole or two above the zipper when the pants are ready. As I had other ideas, I did it in other way. Anyway at first I had to reinforce the right front face with a piece interfacing.



 В пошитті цих штанів немає нічого особливого і я не експерт з пошиття штанів. Але можливо мій досвід і фото можуть стати тобі у пригоді. Як вже згадувалось, тут була снігова буря, тому я могла скористатися лише тими матеріалами, які мала на той момент вдома. І головним чином це стосувалося "блискавки". У мене була лише на 18 см і до того ж світлого кольору. Отже, мені одразу потрібно було визначитись, як я застібатиму готові брюки. Найпростіший варіант був змінити дизайн, пробити одну чи дві петлі і пришити ґудзики над "блискавкою". У мене також були і інші ідеї, тому я зробила застібку в інший спосіб. Але в будь-якому випадку спочатку треба зміцнити обтачку правого краю штанів клаптиком прокладочного матеріалу.




Next step. You button your pants but make them invisible from the right side. I didn't make my fastening in this way but while writing this was regretting indeed:-) You see I only drew the lines on the details to explain what to do. Hope it is clear. So, make buttonholes only on the face of the right front. Then after finishing all the sewing work your buttonholes stayed inside and you should to make across top stitching above the zipper like it is shown on the bottom picture on the left. 




Наступний крок. Можна застібати штани на ґудзики, але зробити застібку потайною. Я так не зробила, але поки це писала, пошкодувала :-) Я лише намалювала лінії прямо на деталях, щоб пояснити, що робити, сподіваюсь, зрозуміло. Отже, треба зробити дві петлі лише на обтачці правого краю передньої половинки. По закінченню пошиття петлі залишаться в середині і потрібно буде прострочити поперечною оздоблювальною строчкою як це показано на нижньому фото ліворуч.





Sewing a fly.




Пришивання відкоску.







Sewing the top face (the right front).




Пришивання обшивки верху (права передня половинка).








The back centre seam.





Середній шов (задня половинка)







After processing the top of the pants I made top stitching along the inner edge of the face by the waist line on the simple reason to prevent its scrolling while wearing the trousers.


Після обробки верхнього краю, я проклала строчку по лінії талії вздовж внутрішнього краю обшивки. Просто для того, щоб запобігти її скручуванню під час носіння штанів.





The hem is sewed by slip stitch (three stitches in one cm).




Низ підшито косим стібком (три стібка в одному см).





As for my fastenig I chose hooks. The snaps could be used as well but I found the only one so the hooks won:-)




Щодо моєї застібки, я обрала гачки. Можна було також пришити кнопки, але я знайшла лише одну, то гачки перемогли:-)





When I put the trousers on, my mum's first question was if I were able to sit... I could and very well! Despite its slim silhouette the outfit is pretty comfy. But probably because the fabric is thin I feel almost nude having them on so some day, I guess, the rest of the fabric yet will be spent for a jacket and not for the pants of other sizes:-)
It seems to be all... Enjoy wearing:-)


Коли я вдягнула штани, перше мамине питання було чи  в змозі я в них сидіти... Можу і дуже добре! Незважаючи на силует брюки доволі зручні, правда, можливо через те, що тканина тонка, я почуваюся в них майже голою, тому скоріше за все решту тканини буде колись витрачено на пошиття жакету, а не штанів інших розмірів :-)
Здається, все...  Вдягаємо і носимо:-)

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you very much! It is a rare occasion when I like trousers:-)

      Delete
  2. Liebe Oksana,ich bin immer wieder beeindruckt was du für wunderschöne Sachen du machst.Liebe Grüße von Christa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christa, for your kind comments. You make very beautiful things, too, so it is very pleasant that you appreciate my works so high!!!

      Delete