About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

17 January 2016

Sparkling Infinity, or YouTube's Voices

Nowadays You Tube is surely one of the best and most reliable teaching tool. And if I had no own experience on the point, I would never keep to it. The fact is, I learnt beading from its video tutorials. And as the process of learning  includes a permanent contact with such a tool, the question is how to choose the right tutorial from all those numberless suggestions. I solved this problem very quickly and easily. I just chose the voices I can listen as long as possible. (And judging from that if I ever make any videotutorial, it would be mute, no doubt:-))
One of such voices belongs to Gianna Zimmerman. Besides her beading talent I also enjoy her speaking manner  otherwise I would never in my life could make this bracelet by her design because while beading it I had to watch the video not sure how many times but not less than 15, I guess :-)
And what to do if you like some tutorial but don't like the voice of its author? Learn quicker:-)



Іскриста нескінченність, або голоси  ютубу

В наш час YouTube, без сумніву, один з найкращих і надійніших навчальних засобів. І я б ніколи не підтримала такої думки, якби не могла судити з власного досвіду. Я навчилася нанизуванню з його відео. І оскільки процес навчання потребує постійного контакту з таким засобом, повстає питання, як же обрати відповідний майстер клас з незчисленних пропопозицій. Я цю проблему вирішила для себе швидко і легко. Я просто обираю голоси, які можу слухати якнайдовше. (І з цього виходить, що якщо я і зроблю якесь навчальне відео, воно буде німим:-)) 
Один з таких голосів належить Джіанні Зіммерман. Крім її чудового таланту та вміння з нанизування мене приваблює її манера говорити та тембр голосу, а інакше я б ніколи в житті не сплела цього браслету за її дизайном, тому що під час роботи мала переглянути відео не рахувала, скільки точно, але вже напевно не менше 15 разів:-)
І що ж  робити, якщо вподобала якійсь виріб, а голос автора не сподобався? Вчися швидше:-)



I liked the bracelet from the first view. The designer calls it of Art-Deco style but as for me it reminds this Prague's building lines that is considered to be Rondocubism sample. No, I am not an expert in architecture, I only remembered the construction as soon as I saw the bracelet:-).




Браслет мені сподобався з першого погляду. Дизайнерка називає його в стилі Арт-деко, проте, мені він нагадує лінії цієї пражської будівлі, яка вважається зразком Рондокубізму. Ні, я не аж настільки добре знаюся на архітектурі, я просто згадала цю споруду щойно побачила браслет:-)




As always my materials are not the same what are requested so I had to adjust the tutorial to what I had, to 10.0 seed beads, 4 mm pearls and don't know what size of the cup chain. Working on the bracelet is not the project to dream away while the beading and my first try proves it absolutely.
So after finishing I decided to make another one in different colour style (coffee with milk). I got it better.


Як завжди мої матеріали не відповідали необхідним і я мала пристосувати під МК бісер 10, перлини 4 мм і не знаю, якого розміру ланцюжок з кристалами. Робота над цим браслетом - це не той випадок, коли можна роззявляти рота і відволікатися на інші справи. Моя перша спроба це чудово доводить. 
Отже по закінченню, я вирішила зробити ще один варіант в іншій кольоровій гамі (кава з молоком). Результат покращився.



This bracelet matches well this pair of the rings I made some time before by +Potomac Bead Company tutorial. I also liked Gianna's matching earrings . So I want to try to make them, too, and hope I will be lucky enough :-)





Браслет утворює справжню пару з каблучками за МК від +Potomac Bead Company, які я зробила деякий час тому. Мені також дуже подобаються сережки, які Джіанна вигадала в комплект до браслету. Хочу спробувати, сподіваюсь щось вийде:-)

6 comments:

  1. Класс! И не скажешь сразу, что сделаны эти шедевры из бисера! Драгоценные камни-ни дать, ни взять!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Дуже дякую... справді виглядає дуже святково. Якби не був такий трудомісткий, зробила б ще пару, або і трійко в інших кольорах і носила б всі водночас.

      Delete
  2. Я погоджуюсь зi Свiтланою: нiколи б не сказала, що браслети зробленi з бiсеру! Коли я побачила першу фотографiю, то подумала, що далi буде нова сукня, а виявилося, що все про новi та чудовi прикраси :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Дякую :-)Помітила, що роботи стають складнішими, то вже баланс між сукнями і прикрасами трохи порушується не на користь суконь:-)

      Delete
  3. Oh, thank you, such a great compliment:-)

    ReplyDelete