About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

29 January 2021

Vintage Wiggle Dress, or In the Same River




Up to now I have always said that never sew for myself the same model more than once. It is not because of impossibility 
to step twice in the same river but because of countless number and diversity of patterns I would like to try sewing. Why this dress is so special is very easy to answer :-) Firstly, it is red. A very nice hue of red, the colour of a red rose. On some unclear reason I am glad it still suits me as well as the wiggle silhouette of this outfit. secondly, I used to sew this model several years ago, later gained some weight, couldn't wear that dress any more but wasn't fed with its wearing, if it is possible to say so. In other words, I like to realize there is such a dress in my wardrobe :-) 



To the dress I matched Red Drop Earrings and Chaton Band Choker.



Вінтажна звужена до низу сукня, або В тій самій річці  



До цього часу я завжди повторювала, що ніколи не шию собі одну і ту саму модель більше одного разу. Це не через неможливість зайти до тієї самої річки двічі (тобто  зідрати лико з однієї липи двічі), а через незчисленну кількість і розмаіття моделей, які мені хотілося б спробувати відтворити. Чому ця сукня така особлива - відповісти легко:-) По-перше, вона червона. Дуже гарного червоного відтінку, кольору червоної троянди. З якоїсь невиразної причини я  радію з того, що цей колір мені все ще личить, так само як і силует цієї звуженої до низу моделі. По-друге, декілька років тому я вже такий наряд шила, потім набрала вагу тож не могла його більше одягати, але вочевидь не наносилася, якщо можна так сказати. Іншими словами, мені приємно знати, що у мене в гардеробі є таке вбрання:-) 




So the pattern #138 from Burda 11/2012. First time I made size 40, the fabric was thicker with delicate shining, I'd say the first dress was cozier. This time - size 42, the fabric is thinner but stiffer and the colour is better. Both times I lengthened the sleeves for 10 cm.





Отже, модель 138 з Burda 11/2012. Перший раз шила розмір 42, тканина була товща з делікатним блиском, я б сказала, перша сукня була затишнішою. Цього разу - розмір 42, тканина тонша, але жорсткіша і колір мені більше подобається.




By the way, pattern #142 from Burda 8/2013 is the same but for +sizes. Information is just in case :-) 


До речі, модель 142 з Burda 8/2013 така сама, тільки для більших розмірів. Інформація так, про всяк випадок:-) 



I don't remember the sewing details of the first dress. Probably right because there was no troubles :-) But this time I had some problem with the back fitting. It was solved as you see but without help when trying on I couldn't manage. 


Не пам'ятаю чи щось було не так з пошиттям першої сукні, саме тому мабуть і не пам'ятаю, що не було:-) А цього разу  посадка спинки додала клопоту. Проблему, як бачите, було вирішено, але без допомоги на примірці я б не впоралася. 


While sewing I followed the instruction. The darts were copied with copying stitches. I don't see much sense in pressing the pleats. Anyway the fabric will drape in own way. For bigger sizes pleats are suggested without pressing and the outcome is the same.



Пошиття - за інструкцією. Лінії складок перенесені копіювальними стібками. Не бачу великого сенсу у запрасуванні складок. Тканина ляже як схоче в будь якому випадку. Для більших розмірів складки не передбачають запрасування, а вигляд такий самий. 



Despite the dress the wool is required in the instruction both of my dresses were made of knits with synthetics percentage. Otherwise the pleats won't keep the shape. I have to add that every time before washing the first dress I had to sew the pleats to prevent them from disappearing.(Did I really like that dress?:-)) 


Хоча в журналі рекомендується для пошиття вовна, обидві мої сукні пошиті з трикотажу з відсотком синтетики. Інакше складки не триматимуть форму. Маю додати, що кожного разу перед пранням першої сукні я ті складки зашивала, щоб після прання вони не зникли. (Мені та сукня справді подобалася?:-)) 




To make the centre seam thinner, I cut the angles of pleats allowance.



Щоб середній шов був тоншим, куточки припусків на складки я зрізала.



The processing of the neck hole is very neat here. I like the way it goes very much. 



Тут дуже охайна обробка горловини. Мені дуже подобається такий спосіб. 

4 comments:

  1. I love this pattern. Bought fabric to make it, but have put it off because I am a bit nervous about doing the FBA on this style. Yours fits beautifully.
    Can you include links to your earlier version?
    https://burdastyle.ru/vikroyki/platya/plate-burda-2012-11-138/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have no links to the earlier version because it was made before my blog started. I used to share it to old Burda community, from where many of us came FB group.

      Delete