About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

29 August 2018

V-neck Dress, or Red Shoes Inspiration

Many stories about inspiration were told here but the theme turns out to be as inexhaustible as the inspiration itself:-) In that sense I have already mentioned colours, mood, fabrics, events, places, even my stereotypes and laziness but today it will be about red shoes.
Being an adult I used to have two pairs of red shoes. One of them was bought in the times when the possessing of such a pair was more important than their design or quality. They were red with black toes and bows. A little later I had another pair, suede. This one was stunning... as if brought from some other world. The shoes' shape reminded the footwear of 18th century noblemen and women. I could never buy them. One day my good friend, who worked as a chambermaid in a hotel, brought me these shoes, left by some lady, instead of usual English papers and magazines, which she delivered pretty regularly. I don't remember how long I wore those shoes but they engraved in the memory of my those times students indeed, some girls still remember them:-) After my this year vacation I suddenly decided I want red shoes again. And here they are but, as I had no patience to wait for chilly seasons to put them on, I decided to make some outfit to match the footwear. In the stash a piece of nice fabric with floral print was found and  a new dress was sewn in no days :-)



Сукня з вирізом мисом, або Натхнення червоними черевичками


Багато історій розповідала я тут про натхнення, але тема виявляється такою ж невичерпною як і саме натхнення:-) В цьому сенсі я вже згадувала кольори, настрій, тканини, події, місця, навіть мої стереотипи і лінощі, але сьогодні мова піде про червоні черевики.
Вже дорослою я колись мала дві пари таких черевиків. Одну з них було придбано в часи, коли володіння ними було набагато важливішим за їхній дизайн та якість. Червоні черевики з чорними носками та бантиками. Трохи згодом у мене була ще одна пара, замшевих. Ця була приголомшлива... наче привезена з якось іншого світу. Форма черевичків нагадувала взуття вельможних панів та пані XVIII століття. Я б ніколи не змогла такі купити. Одного дня моя хороша подруга, яка працювала в готелі покоївкою, принесла мені ті черевики, покинуті якоюсь панянкою, замість звичних англійських газет і журналів, які вона доставляла доволі регулярно. Не пам'ятаю, як довго черевики носилися, але вони закарбувалися в пам'ятні моїх тодішніх учнів і деякі дівчата досі їх згадують:-) Після моєї цьогорічної відпустки я раптом вирішила, що знову хочу червоні черевички. І ось вони на мені, але ж не терпілося їх взути, а чекати прохолодних днів, щоб їх носити, не хотілося, тож я вирішила пошити якесь вбрання, щоб пасувало до взуття. В запасах знайшовся відріз гарної тканини з квітковим візерунком і нову сукню було пошито майже вмить :-)



It is still hot here and autum breathing doesn't feel at all so the dress had to be light but good for wearing to work. I chose model #113 from Burda 3/2017. I have never been the fan of this pattern. When I bought the issue, this dress seemed to be funny for me and I thought who ever made such things... I don't know who else but I am the one who does :-)




тут все ще спекотно і жодного подиху осені не відчувається, тож сукня мала бути легкою, але гожою для носіння на роботу. Обрала модель 113 з Burda 3/2017. Мені ця сукня ніколи не подобалася. Коли я купила число журналу, вона мені здалася якоюсь смішною, я тоді подумала, ну хто такі речі шиє... Не знаю, хто ще, але я так точно впоралася :-)


Why I chose it. The fabric has print with  diverse big bright flowers. It was a pity to cut the material to break the print pattern. That's why for such cases ideal patterns are those with as less seams as possible. The fabric,  very thin crepe, is very soft, greatly draping and I omitted both central back and front seams. Thus made the simple pattern even simpler. Good accessories for the outfit are the earrings, this pendant, half tila and twist peyote bracelets.





Чому я її обрала. Тканина має візерунок з різноманітних яскравих великих квітів. Шкода різати таку тканину і порушувати візерунок. Тож для таких випадків ідеальними є фасони з найменшою кількістю швів. Тканина, тонкий креп, дуже м'яка і надзвичайно гарно драпірується і я відмовилася від швів по центру задньої та передньої частин. Тобто, ще більше спростила і без того нескладну модель.
Гарним доповненням до сукні є ці сережки, кулон, браслети з тіли та джгут.





Despite the flowers seem to be chaotic arranged some symmetry should be found anyway to cut this fabric.


Хоча здається, що квіти розташовані хаотично, якійсь центр симетрії все одно варто визначити, щоб кроїти цю тканину.




To cut the front part the centre front line (in my case centre fold) was defined between two orange flowers. For the back centre fold in the middle of the peony.



Щоб кроїти передню частину, визначила її центр між двома оранжевими квітками ( в моєму випадку згин по центру). А для спинки - по середині півонії.



One more point concerns the cuffs. Either our translators condire this to be not important and ignore the info or its Burda' s fail but last years in the instructions they stopped defining the ready measures of the details cut without a paper pattern. I mean, for example, for this model they say the cuffs must be cut 31 x 4 cm with seam allowance. But seam allowance is supposed 1.5 cm. From the photo it is clear that the cuff is wider than 1 cm. I decided to make 3 cm width so cut the cuffs about 8 x 31cm.



Ще один момент стосується манжетів. Чи то наші перекладачі не вважають це важливим, чи  це Burda вирішила так само, але останніми роками  в інструкціях припинили вказувати розміри деталей, які кроять без викрійки, в готовому вигляді. Наприклад, для цієї моделі вони дають розмір манжетів для крою 31 х 4 см з припусками, при цьому припуски - 1,5 см. Але ж по фото видно, що манжети ширші ніж 1 см. Я вирішила зробити 3 см завширшки, тому кроїла деталь десь 8 x 31cm.

No comments:

Post a Comment