About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

17 July 2019

Overcut Shoulder Dress, or Florence & Poppies

When thinking about my luggage while preparing to this year Italian Vacation, this dress was planned to be the only one new item I was going to pack. It is known I have many and even more than I need dresses to wear so choosing clothes for trips is never a problem for me... the problem is not to take too much and be able to put any of them on after I gained some weight :-) But this outfit had to be in the suitcase because made me dream about Florence. I don't know why. Maybe because their colours are red and white. Or maybe because, among all the breathtaking Italian towns and cities I visited afterwords, the chance to see Florence with its culture heritage was the very one that made me crazy most of all. Who knows... Florence is the place which made me wish to populate it with all its Renaissance artists and writers and statesmen and lose oneself in their crowd... And you do lose... your mouth is open most of the time at its widest and your head surely needs a superpower to rotate to see as more as possible to saturate your mind  and soul with the impressions made by pieces of art and historical sights. Actually, time by time it was the only way to isolate oneself from thousands of tourists around who were probably eager to do the same :-)


My full Florence album is here.




Сукня з заниженим плечем, або Флоренція та маки


Коли розмірковувала про багаж, поки готувалася до цьогорічних італійських канікул, ця сукня була єдиним новим вбранням, яке я збиралася взяти з собою. Відомо, що у мене багато і навіть більше, ніж треба, суконь, тож вибір одягу для подорожей ніколи не буває для мене проблемою... проблемою буває намагання взяти забагато або влізти в нього після того як я трохи набрала вагу:-) Але ця сукня мала бути у валізі тому що навіювала мрії про Флоренцію. Не знаю чому. Може тому, що кольори міста - білий і червоний. А може тому, що серед усіх неймовірних  італійських міст які я згодом відвідала, саме думка про можливість побачити Флоренцію з її культурною спадщиною перехоплювала подих. Хто зна... Флоренція - це таке місце, яке породжує бажання населити його всіма тими художниками, письменниками і історичними діячами епохи Ренесансу і загубитися в їхньому натовпі... Ти і справді губишся... рот твій майже весь час якнайширше відкритий, а голова вже напевно потребує супервміння обертатися навколо, щоб побачити якнайбільше та наситити розум і душу враженнями створеними витворами мистецтва та історичними пам'ятками. Взагалі, час від часу, це єдиний спосіб відокремити себе від тисяч туристів навколо, які, вочевидь, палко бажають того ж самого :-) 

Мій повний альбом "Флоренція" тут.



However, "going to pack" doesn't mean "to pack indeed" :-) So this dress #102 from Burda 5/2019 didn't go  to Italy but stayed at home to wait for being finished after my coming back. So the pictures of it were taken in my home town.



Проте, "збиратися покласти у валізу " не означає "справді покласти" :-) Тож ця сукня 102 з Burda 5/2019 до Італії не поїхала, а залишалася вдома і чекала, коли я повернуся і її дошию. Тож фото сукні були зроблені в моєму рідному місті.




The pattern is an ideal match with this fabric that is dense enough to keep the shape of the skirt but thin enough to wear the dress in hot weather. Cotton stretch, it was said to be Italian. But they say a lot in the stores :-) I was in love with the fabric from the first sight because of Florence and because of poppies, of course :-) 

The pair of matching earrings and one of the bracelets from the bunch on my arm complete the outfit.




Модель ідеально сполучається з тканиною, яка достатньо щільна, щоб тримати форму спідниці, але  і достатньо тонка, щоб носити сукню в спекотну погоду. Бавовна з додаванням еластану. Сказали, що італійська, але в крамницях багато чого кажуть :-) У тканину я закохалася з першого погляду і через Флоренцію і, звісно ж, через маки :-) 

Пара сережок і один з браслетів з цілого набору у мене на руці доповнюють вбрання.





I avoid to line dresses if it is possible because our summers are quite hot. So I had to make some changes. The first one: the processing of the band.




Я уникаю пришивання підкладки, якщо це можливо, тому що влітку у нас доволі спекотно. Тож довелося зробити декілька змін. Перша: обробка поясу.





The second one: processing of the neck hole with the facing.




Далі: обробка горловини обшивкою.





The last one: the processing of the arm holes with bias stripes.




Остання: обробка пройм косими бейками.

4 comments: