About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

26 May 2017

Half Tila Bracelet, or On Waves of Stubbornness

Except the colour style, this new bracelet has nothing in common with poppies. Instead it has much in common with my stubborn wish to bead something with not very available or affordable materials:-) It means these materials are hard or impossible to buy here unless you purchase them wholesale to produce tons of bijouterie. The fact itself is neither good nor bad but the outcome of this obstinacy can be pretty vague and one not always gets what was expected.


Браслет з половинок тіли, або На хвилях впертості

Крім кольорової гами цей новий браслет не має нічого спільного з маками. Натомість він має дуже багато спільного з моїм впертим бажанням плести щось з не дуже доступних матеріалів :-) Тобто з таких, які  або важко, або неможливо тут придбати, якщо тільки не купуєш їх цілий контейнер для сталого виробництва біжутерії. Само по собі це не добре і не погано, але результат такої впертості може бути доволі невизначеним і зрештою можна отримати не зовсім те, на що очікуєш.





Half tila beads are, let's say, one of the less unavailable among the other unavailable so I used them again after my first experience with the earrings and the pendant. The pattern by Miyuki Bead is from Bead&Button magazine, June 2015. 
The pattern is simple and quick to make unless you plunge into the thoughts about summer rest during the work and then it is hard to predict how many times you will unpick and remake the ropes:-)



Половинки тіли - це намистини, так би мовити, менш недоступні серед недоступних, тому я їх використала знову після першого експерименту з сережками і кулоном. Зразок від Miyuki Bead з журналу "Bead&Button", червень 2015.
Схема проста і плететься швидко, якщо тільки під час роботи не занурюватися в думки про літній відпочинок. Тоді важко передбачити, скільки разів доведеться розпускати і переробляти вже готові смужки:-)




I made the bracelet twice.  First time I beaded on fishing line because thought the bracelet would be... fluffier as the waves are quite delicate indeed. But I didn't like the stiffness of the ready piece. Besides, I made it too short because after the first rope was made, it was longer than my usual bracelet so I made less repeats of the pattern.



Браслет робила двічі. Перший раз я плела на лінь, тому що хотіла, щоб він вийшов трохи... пишнішим оскільки хвильки досить тендітні насправді. Але мені не сподобалась жорсткість готового виробу. Крім того, я зробила його надто коротким, тому що, коли сплела першу стрічку, вона виявилася довшою за мої звичайні браслети тож я зробила менше повторів схеми.



So the second time I used the thread, made the pattern in full and this time liked the result much better. Beading two stripes took me less than 5 g of half tilas so I added one more green stripe. These last two stripes were beaded in the same way as the first  four, without changing the sample.



Тож на другій спробі я плела на нитку, зробила всі повтори і отримала кращий результат. На нанизування двох стрічок пішло менше 5 г половинок тіли, тому  я додала ще одну зелену стрічку і плела ці дві останні стрічки так само як і перші чотири, без зміни схеми.

No comments:

Post a Comment