About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

2 February 2019

Faux Shearling Hat



A lot of leftovers from my Faux Shearling Coat produced a bunch of ideas to use them as soon as possible to have less in stash and the primary of those ideas was to make a hat to match the coat. It is a very quick project. Together with tracing the pattern and cutting it took no more than two hours to sew, maybe even less.

The red scarf was made many years ago by Kim Guzman's pattern which is now available from here.





Шапка зі штучної замші



Від пальта зі штучної замші залишилося багато обрізків тканини і це подарувало декілька ідей щодо їхнього використання і якнайшвидше, щоб якомога менше залишалося в клумках з клаптиками, які немає де зберігати. Найпершою з тих ідей було пошити шапку до пальта. Це дуже швидкий проект: разом з перезніманням викрійки та кроєм на пошиття пішло не більше двох годин, може і менше.

Червоний шарф було сплетено багато років тому за моделлю від Kim Guzman, зараз модель можна взяти тут



The pattern was taken from a very old Burda issue, probably the first I've ever bought, 6/1988. I was 18 then and now I am 48. The woman's beauty and Burda's patterns have no expiration data :-)

All the seams I stitched on the sewing machine with the fur edges on the right side. The basting is possible but with bias stitches not let the fabric move. I could to hide the side seams inside, exactly like it was made for the hem in the coat but then decided not to bother about that. 




Викрійку знайшла в старому числі Burda, мабуть першому, яке я купила в своєму житті, 6/1988. Мені тоді було 18, а зараз 48. Жіноча краса і викрійки Burda мають необмежений термін придатності :-) Всі шви я построчила на машинці з хутряними краями на лицеву сторону. Зметування можливе, але косими стібками, щоб тканина не перекошувалася. Бокові шви можна було сховати всередину так як це було зроблено для підшивки низу пальта, але я вирішила цим не перейматися.




To get a completed view I added a brim to the hat and to cut it use the pattern of the cuff for the coat. I guess the hat can be worn on both sides although I didn't try.



Для завершеного вигляду я додала до шапки закот, а щоб його покроїти скористалася викрійкою манжети від пальта. Думаю, шапку можна на обидві сторони, але я не пробувала.

2 comments: