About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

25 February 2019

Blue Jersey Storyless Dress




I am surely Lady in Blue this season :-) When writing about the necklace in the previous post, I assumed that my loyalty to the blue palette during last months was explained by the absence of a real winter. In a few days winter reminded about itself with frost and snow and it became clear it wasn't exactly the thing I had missed indeed. So I have no explanation, it happened occasionally :-)

All the story of this dress sewing is very simple and ordinary. I saw a model, I liked it, I saw fabric, I liked it. I bought the fabric, I sawed the dress. That's all :-) Of course, I can to spread the story to some degree... For example, I liked the fabric much before than saw the model because I had already sewed from it last year. It was this red garment. I did like the fabric: it not only looks well it also is awesome while wearing so I didn't mind working with it again. But by the moment when I liked the model, this was the only acceptable colour on offer so I liked it :-)


Сукня з блакитного джерсі, або Сукня без історії



Цього сезону я справжня Жінка в Синьому :-) В попередньому дописі про намисто я припустила, що моя відданість блакитному та синьому кольорам протягом останніх місяців пояснюється відсутністю справжньої зими. За декілька днів зима нагадала про себе морозом і снігом і стало очевидним, що це не зовсім те, за чим я сумувала. Тож жодних пояснень у мене немає - це вийшло випадково :-)

Вся історія пошиття цієї сукні дуже проста і звичайна. Побачила модель - вона мені сподобалася, побачила тканину - вона мені сподобалася. Купила тканину, пошила сукню. Це все :-) Звісно, я можу викласти все трохи детальніше... Наприклад, тканина мені сподобалася набагато раніше ніж я побачила модель, тому що я вже з неї шила минулого року це червоне вбрання. Тканина мені і справді сподобалася: вона не лише гарно виглядає, вона чудово носиться, тому я була б не проти попрацювати з нею знову. Але на момент, коли мені трапилася модель, це був єдиний (з двох:-)) прийнятний для мене колір у продажу. Отже він мені і сподобався :-)




The model #116 from Burda 9/2018. To tell the true, Burda doesn't let me give up on sewing. Last several months every issue has the model I must make. So I just have no choice but follow my love for tailoring :-)

As I'd already worked with the fabric and knew its features, I could simplify the sewing. Firstly, I didn't need to line the dress. Secondly, the fabric is so dense that there is no need to reinforce it with the interfacing and, on the  same reason, I didn't have to oversew the edges. Thanking to the latter fact, the gathering of the edges was avoided so the ironing was quite simple.



Модель 116 з Burda 9/2018. Правду ніде діти, Burda не дає мені можливості відмовитися від пошиття. Останні декілька місяців кожне число має модель, яку я просто зобов'язана выдтворити. Тому  у мене немає іншого вибору як слідувати моїй любові до кравецтва:-)

Оскільки я вже працювала з цією тканиною і знаю її особливості, це дозволило спростити пошиття. По-перше, не треба було садити сукню на підкладку; по-друге, тканина така щільна, що не було потреби зміцнювати її та, з цієї ж самої причини, обійшлося без обметування країв. Завдяки цьому останньому факту, мені вдалося уникнути стягування країв, тож прасування було доволі простим.


These earrings were made to match the dress.

Ці сережки були зроблені саме до цієї сукні.




Despite the pretty complex construction the sewing wasn't hard. But the back required special attention and trying on, after which, I deepened all the back reliefs on the curvy parts of the seams and deepened the neck hole on the centre.

I also cut the bands (details #7 and #8) one size smaller because after the stitching they stretch enough to fit well. Then adjusted the side seams of the bodice and the skirt to the new size of the band. 




Хоча конструкція доволі складна, пошиття таким не було. Але спинка вимагала особливої уваги та примірки, після якої я поглибила всі рельєфи спинки на вигнутих частина швів і поглибила виріз горловини по центру.

Також я покроїла деталі пояса на розмір менше, тому що після притачування вони розтягуються достатньо для гарної посадки. Вже потім вирівняла бокові шви верхньої частини та спідниці сукні по новій лінії пояса.



On all the seam allowances along the neckline I made the cuts to get better fitting of the neckhole (it is, in fact, one single piece collar). The next step I forgot to do  (I still can correct the mistake and probably will) but I surely recommend to do this if not to line the dress. The pattern of the facing should be changed (see the red line). Because while wearing such a neckhole will never stay in its place and will open. If the facing is not wide enough, the wrong side of the dress will be seen.




На всіх припусках на шви вздовж лінії шиї, я зробила надрізи для кращої посадки (оскільки це, фактично, цільнокроєний комір). Наступний крок я забула зробити (але я можу виправити помилку і. можливо. виправлю), але рекомендую це зробити, якщо сукня без підкладки. Варто змінити форму обшивки. Тому що  такий виріз ніколи не триматиметься на місті під час носіння сукні, він відкриватиметься і тоді виворітна сторона буде помітна, якщо обшивка не достатньо широка.





This time I didn't top stitched the dress although make it almost always. The sleeves' and skirts' hems were processed with slip stitch.




Цього разу не відстрочувала сукню хоча роблю це майже завжди. Низ рукавів і спідниці було підшито потайним швом.

No comments:

Post a Comment