About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

17 February 2019

Frosty Ornament Necklace I



I have a real nature calendar here, in my blog :-) Looked through the projects inspired by winter and was reminded about the 19 degrees below zero frost that we had in the end of 2016 January... This year we had no classic winter at all so right because of its lack I probably attached to the blue colour in the beginning of the year and, particularly, to the blue sparkles :-) 

I hope this new piece of jewellery will be only the first element of the planned necklace and I am going to add some embellishment to the pendant (I even didn't cut the thread on it to be ready to continue as soon as am sure what I really want). However, in this way the necklace is totally wearable and I like it.




Намисто "Морозний візерунок" І


У мене тут у блозі справжній календар природи :-) Переглядала проекти навіяні зимовим натхненням і побачила, що в кінці січня 2016 року у нас тут було -19 градусів морозу... Цього року класичної зими ми так і не дочекалися, тож можливо саме через її брак, на початку року я переважно і прив'язана до блакитного кольору  і, особливо, до блакитного мерехтіння:-) Розраховую, що це намисто стане лише першим елементом від запланованого і я збираюся трохи прикрасити кулон (я навіть нитку не зрізала з нього, щоб продовжити роботу, щойно буду впевнена чого я хочу). Проте, в такому вигляді намисто вже повністю носибельне і мені подобається.



As soon as I got the rivoli, and moreover, as soon as I unpack the parcel, I bezeled the stone. I don't remember quicker start indeed. I made it with embroidery technique. The continuation of the work was postponed to think over the next steps.



Щойно я отримала ріволі, більш того, щойно розпакувала посилку, я одразу оплела ріволі. Не пам'ятаю, щоб колись робота починалася так швидко. Я це зробила в техніці вишивки. Продовження роботи було відкладено для обмірковування подальших кроків.




The thinking over dragged on no less than two weeks :-) When I came back to the pendant I changed m mind as for the way of the bezeling and made it in RAW technique :-)



Обмірковування затягнулося не менше ніж на два тижні :-) Коли повернулася до роботи, передумала щодо обплетення і зробила його в "хрестик" :-)





The pause was not spent in vain, I learned new technique to make a rope to the pendant. It was St. Petersburg chain (as for me it just look like a fur tree branch). But when I changed the bezeling, it became obvious that the rope must  be of different kind as well to match the pendant's, let's say, texture. So today in the morning I learned new technique - Tubular Chenille Stitch by this tutorial - and beaded the rope. I got what I wanted indeed.





Паузу не було змарновано, я вивчила нову техніку, щоб сплести джгут до кулону. Це St. Petersburg chain (хоча, як на мене, більше схоже на гілку ялинки). Але, коли я змінила обплетку ріволі, стало зрозуміло, що джгут має бути іншим, щоб пасувати до, скажімо так, текстури кулону. Тож сьогодні вранці я вивчила ще одну техніку - Tubular Chenille Stitch за цим майстер класом - і сплела вже гожий джгут. Вийшло саме те, що хотіла.

No comments:

Post a Comment